Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On November 4, 2017, GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at a private residence in Winterville, GA. The activity reported at the home is as follows: Hearing footsteps, apparitions, smudge marks, hand prints, and drawings on windows, mirrors, and tables, doors opening
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Ed Laughlin & Brian Daffern
Moonrise, moonset and phase calendar:
|Meridian Passing Time
|Almanac for Winterville, GA
November 4, 2017
|Max Temperature||80||68||80 in 2017||43 in 1991|
|Min Temperature||61||48||65 in 2003||24 in 1966|
|Avg Temperature||70.5||57.8||71.0 in 1946||35.0 in 1991|
|Precipitation||0.04||0.12||2.63 in 1992||0.00 in 2016|
|Snowfall||0.0||0.0||T in 1954||0.0 in 2017|
|Snow Depth||0||–||0 in 2017||0 in 2017|
|HDD (base 65)||0||8||30 in 1991||0 in 2017|
|CDD (base 65)||6||1||6 in 2017||0 in 2014|
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras, Samsung digital camera, Fuji S602 digital camera, Tasco infrared trail camera, iPhone 5S Camera/Video, numerous IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR. Nikon Coolpix L28 Full Spectrum digital camera, Bell & Howell IR Camcorder, JVC Everio Camcorder, T700 Full spectrum Camcorder, DDV-2200 full spectrum video camcorder, Insignia full spectrum HD camera/video recorder, MagiCam Mini Camcorder, FLIR Bcam w/SD, set of full spectrum POV glasses.
DVR: Black HD-SDI H.264
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, Mel-8704R-KII, Mel-8704-R, several K-II Meters.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder, 2- Sony digital recorders, Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder, RCA digital recorder Olympus VN-4100PC. Spion Parabolic Dish.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer. Mel-8704R-KII has ambient thermometer included.
Other: 2-P-SB7 frequency sweep radio( spirit box ), P-SB11 spirit box, Spirit voice receiver, Boo Buddy Bear, Laser Grid, Compaq Presario Laptop, Dell Laptop, Ovilus M, Altec speaker, 2- Rem Pods, Mobile Kinect, various flashlights.
Condition of home:
Records indicate that the house was built in 1970 but the client states the house is over a hundred years old and that major remodeling went on in 1970 which is probably why the records show that date. The house is in good shape and structurally sound, doors and windows are in good shape with little to no drafts and outside sounds are hard to hear. The utilities are up to date and in good working order.
Start DVR 8:07 pm – Investigation 8:46 pm – End Investigation 1:32 am – Stop DVR 1:36 am
Base Readings – 8:20 pm
Family Room 1 70.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Living Room 69.0 Temp 0.5 EMF
Kitchen/Dining 69.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Bedroom 1 69.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Master Bedroom 67.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Master Bath 67.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
After Base Readings and Equipment Set Up – Investigation Began
Investigation – Team – Ed & Brian
- 8:48 pm – Family Room 1
- 8:55 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight – 9:14 pm End EVP
- 9:20 pm – Bedroom 1- 9:27 pm End Sweep
- 9:28 pm – Living Room
9:35 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 10:00 pm End EVP
- 10:10 pm – Master Bedroom & Bath
- 10:17 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 10:48 pm End EVP
10:50-11:10 pm Break
- 11:11 pm – Kitchen/Dining
- 11:30 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 12:09 am End EVP
- 12:20 am – Family Room 1
- 12:27 am – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 12:48 am End EVP
- 12:50 am – Living Room
- 12:58 am – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 1:31 am End EVP
End Investigation: 1:32 am
GOGPI was called in to investigate the above claims of activity. We set up stationary cameras in the reported active areas of the house. We then started investigating the rooms in the home by taking EMF and temperature readings, all were within normal limits, and conducting EVP session throughout the home.
We did not get anything in our pictures or video. We did record numerous EVP’s. The investigators had some personal experiences, see below.
With the claims of activity from the client, personal experiences by the investigators, the EVP’s that were recorded we feel like there is paranormal activity in the house. We feel that the activity is not harmful for the home or the client and family. We cannot say the house is haunted without a follow up investigation to see if we can reproduce the claims of activity, personal experiences, and to gather more evidence of paranormal activity.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation
- While sitting in the living room:
- Heard footsteps from the master bedroom bathroom
- Felt cold shoulders a couple of times
- Heard some taps
- While sitting in the bedroom
- Heard a muffled voice from the hallway, which Ed thought came from behind me
- While sitting in the Family Room
- Heard some taps
- While in Master Bedroom
- Felt cold shoulders
- Side started to hurt (probably the place we had dinner)
Heard what sounded like the door handle rattle, the door coming from the garage.
Heard a disembodied voice in bedroom 1.
Heard one of the alarm clocks start playing around 1 a.m.
RESEARCH ON PROPERTY
|DETAILS & HISTORY OF PROPERTY|
|· No reported # of bedrooms and 3 baths, approximately 3,205 square feet and was built in 1970 according to records, but owner says it is much older. Looking at pictures, attached, you will see there was no home there in 1962, but in 1993 it is.
· Exterior Concrete, AC is central, Full Basement, and 2 stories
· No deaths reported on property
|HISTORY OF AREA|
|· The area of Winterville held a thriving Native American population of 20,000 to 30,000 people as recently as 1540, when the Spanish explorer Hernando DeSoto stumbled through middle Georgia on his historic journey noted it. With five or six mound centers, it thrived for between 200 and 300 years–longer than the United States has existed. Later it became a hunting ground only.
· Land grants in the late 1700s brought settlers to what is now the Winterville area
· The Cherokee thrived through the early 1700s, largely because of the steady demand for deer skin. After fighting on the losing side in both the French and Indian War and the American Revolution, some Cherokee took up cotton farming, slavery and other Southern ways before they were driven out of Georgia on the ”Trail of Tears.” The Cherokee fought on the losing side in the Civil War, too.
· Winterville was originally established in the 1840s as Six-Mile Station, a Georgia Railroad depot for wood and water
· Winterville was incorporated in 1904. Winterville was a train stop to Union Point when an entrepreneur named Sam Winter started an inn on the other side of the road. The inn still stands today.
· Many of Winterville’s Victorian homes were built in the 1870s and 1880s
· The 1920s was another peak time of economic activity in Winterville. Newspaper accounts at that time list five general stores, a drug store, a bank, two garages, two cotton gins, two grist mills, and 510 residents.
|· July, 2008 A Winterville woman was killed when her vehicle ran off Arnoldsville Road close to property and overturned.
· 4 miles away on Jan 2013 – Derrick Johnson was last seen alive the previous August. Someone walking their dog found his body the next morning in a field off Howington Road in Oglethorpe County. He had been shot multiple times, authorities said.
· About 3 thefts reported on this street per month
· Closest cemetery 4 miles.
· No UFO reports for Winterville since Mufon started tracking in 1969.
· Only paranormal report I could find in 5 miles: A report of someone claiming to see 2 white pale ghosts. One called out the persons name by saying come Linda come.
|Saturday 11/04 77 | 57 °F – Scattered Thunderstorms|