Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On February 25, 2017, GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at a private residence in Waverly Hall, GA. The activity reported at the home is as follows: Unexplained voices and noises, objects disappearing, religious artifacts being broken, and the feeling of being watched.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Ed Laughlin, Chris & Christie Bradley
Moonrise, moonset and phase calendar:
|Meridian Passing Time
Almanac for Columbus, GA (ThreadEx)
February 25, 2017
|Daily Data||Observed||—-||Normal||Record Highest||Record Lowest|
|Max Temperature||71||65||82 in 1930||36 in 1967|
|Min Temperature||49||42||65 in 2001||17 in 1967|
|Avg Temperature||60.0||53.4||70.0 in 1944||26.5 in 1967|
|Precipitation||T||0.16||4.45 in 1919||0.00 in 2016|
|Snowfall||M||0.0||4.0 in 1914||0.0 in 2016|
|Snow Depth||0||–||4 in 1914||0 in 2017|
|HDD (base 65)||5||12||38 in 1967||0 in 2001|
|CDD (base 65)||0||0||5 in 1944||0 in 2017|
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras, Samsung digital camera, Fuji S602 digital camera, Tasco infrared trail camera, iPhone 5S Camera/Video, numerous IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR. Nikon Coolpix L28 Full Spectrum digital camera, Bell & Howell IR Camcorder, JVC Everio Camcorder, T700 Full spectrum Camcorder, DDV-2200 full spectrum video camcorder, Insignia full spectrum HD camera/video recorder, MagiCam Mini Camcorder, FLIR Bcam w/SD, set of full spectrum POV glasses.
DVR: Black HD-SDI H.264
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, Mel-8704R-KII, Mel-8704-R, several K-II Meters.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder, 2- Sony digital recorders, Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder, RCA digital recorder Olympus VN-4100PC. Spion Parabolic Dish.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer. Mel-8704R-KII has ambient thermometer included.
Other: 2-P-SB7 frequency sweep radio( spirit box ), P-SB11 spirit box, Spirit voice receiver, Boo Buddy Bear, Laser Grid, Compaq Presario Laptop, Dell Laptop, Ovilus M, Altec speaker, 2- Rem Pods, various flashlights.
Condition of home:
The house was built in 1971 and is good condition, All utilities are up to date and in working order, the structure is in good condition, windows and doors are in good shape. At the time of investigation did not hear any outside noises.
Start DVR 8:26 pm, Start Investigation 9:40 pm, End Investigation 1:00 am, Stopped DVR 1:27 am
Base Readings – 8:55 pm (7:30-8:30 pm – Set up)
Kitchen 70.0 Temp 0.0 EMF (1.0 fridge, 22.0 outlet by coffee pot, 61.6 microwave, 8.2 toaster)
Dining Room 70.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Closet 70.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Bedroom 1 70.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Master Bed 71.0 Temp 0.0 EMF (14.0 electrical panel)
Living Room 68.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Office 69.00 0.0 EMF
After Base Readings and Equipment Set Up – Investigation Began
Investigation Began – 9:40 pm
Investigation – Team 1 – Ed, Chris & Christie
- 9:45 pm – Master Bedroom
- 9:50 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box – 10:15 pm End EVP
- 10:18 pm – Closet
- 10:20 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & EDI – 10:35 pm End EVP
- 10:38 pm – Bedroom 1
- 10:40 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box & Flashlight – 11:02 pm End EVP
- 11:03 pm – Dining Room
- 11:05 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box & Flashlight – 11:35 pm End EVP
- 11:40 am – Living Room – Vigil Investigation
- 12:00 am – Start Conversational EVP – 12:17 am End EVP
- 12:28 am – Closet
- 12:30 am – Start EVP w/Spirit Box – 1:00 am End EVP
End Investigation: approximately 1:00 am
GOGPI was called in to investigate the above claims of activity. We set up stationary cameras in the reported active areas of the house. We then started investigating the rooms in the house by taking base EMF and temperature readings.
Base reading in the house were within normal limits, temperature normal for conditions, EMF were within normal reading, except around the electrical equipment and electrical panels where they were higher, as expected.
We did not get anything in our pictures or video. We did record numerous EVP’s. All investigators had some personal experiences, see below.
With the claims of activity from the client and her family, personal experiences by the investigators, the EVP’s that were recorded we feel like there is paranormal activity in the house. We feel that the activity is not harmful for the home or the client and family. We cannot say the house is haunted without a follow up investigation to see if we can reproduce the claims of activity, personal experiences, and to gather more evidence of paranormal activity.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation
Saw a horizontal shadow move across a wall in the master bedroom. It looked like two lines, one above the other, and each about four inches wide.
While in the closet heard a loud noise coming from the kitchen, did not find anything out of place but we could not rule out the cat coming into the house through the cat door. Will determine if it was the cat after reviewing all video.
While investigating in the dining room I seen what looked like a shadow go across Ed.
When we initially arrived onsite I was tapped on the right shoulder as
we went out to the patio with client.
I heard a loud noise coming from the kitchen while investigating in
the master closet area.
I felt something press on the sofa above my head while investigating
in the living/den area.
RESEARCH ON PROPERTY
|DETAILS & HISTORY OF PROPERTY|
· Built in 1971. 3 beds 1.5 baths 1,425 sqft. Single Story
· Records show a major renovation in 1975, not sure why
· Cooling: central, Exterior: Stone, Roof Type: Asphalt, Foundation Type: Masonry
· Last recorded sale 2/15/08
· No deaths reported at location or on the block
|HISTORY OF AREA|
|· Incorporated in 1914. Mostly residential now, the town suffered commercial collapse in the years after the railroad industry left. During the booming days of the railroad industry, Waverly Hall was a vibrant town.
· Waverly Hall originated as a trading store in the old Bussey House, which still stands today. As legend goes, the town was named based on the fondness the town’s first postmaster, William Bussey, had for Sir Walter Scott’s “Waverly Novels.”
· Waverly Hall is known for the Village Green walking trail that is found in the center of town.
· Among the first white settlers who braved coming into this area before the Indians were relocated were the families of Whiteheads, Mahones, Osborns, Farleys, Marshalls, Kennons, Gibsons and Lowes.
· The Stagecoach house at the intersection of Bussey and Highway 208, where Mrs. Pat Schmidt lived was built before the Indians were ousted from this area. It is still intact.
· The Treaty of Indian Springs turned the area over to Georgia in 1825. The largest Native American group at the time, the Indian Creeks, moved across the Chattahoochee River into Alabama.
· In the heyday of the gold rush, there were as many as 19 commercial mining operations nearby. However, most had disappeared by the turn of the century.
|· House is equal distance between two cemeteries is 1.2 miles each way
· One of those, Waverly Hall Cemetery has a lot of reported activity, including shadows, evp’s and orbs (favorites of Larry)
· Population 823 residents and just one neighborhood with 9 registered offenders
· Last reported violent crime was in 2012 and was a fist fight. Lots of burglaries though.
· Residential community is about 70 houses.
· Nov 27th, 2013. Resident was thrown from the car (not wearing seatbelt) and died when they lost control of car and crashed into the woods of Waverly Hall Cemetery. 1 mile away. It was Thanksgiving and the home he was going to was a few houses down from the client. There have been 3 other car accidents outside of this cemetery.
· August 26th, 2016 there was a murder 1.6 miles away in Melody Lakes area of Waverly Hall.
· April 8th, 2016, David Bradarvelt killed in Alabama, but lived on the same block as client.
|Saturday 02/25 82 | 45 °F A mostly clear sky. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.|