Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On March 11, 2017, GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at a private residence in Tyrone, GA. The activity reported at the home is as follows:
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Chris & Christie Bradley, Melissa Foster and Brian Daffern
Moonrise, moonset and phase calendar:
|Meridian Passing Time
|Almanac for ATLANTA HARTSFIELD INTL AP, GA
March 11, 2017
|Daily Data||Observed||—-||Normal||Record Highest||Record Lowest|
|Max Temperature||59||63||82 in 1990||38 in 1934|
|Min Temperature||39||43||62 in 2016||20 in 1934|
|Avg Temperature||49.0||53.1||70.5 in 2016||29.0 in 1934|
|Precipitation||0.19||0.16||1.88 in 1962||0.00 in 2016|
|Snowfall||0.0||0.0||4.0 in 1960||0.0 in 2017|
|Snow Depth||0||–||3 in 1960||0 in 2017|
|HDD (base 65)||16||12||36 in 1934||0 in 2016|
|CDD (base 65)||0||0||6 in 2016||0 in 2017|
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras, Samsung digital camera, Fuji S602 digital camera, Tasco infrared trail camera, iPhone 5S Camera/Video, numerous IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR. Nikon Coolpix L28 Full Spectrum digital camera, Bell & Howell IR Camcorder, JVC Everio Camcorder, T700 Full spectrum Camcorder, DDV-2200 full spectrum video camcorder, Insignia full spectrum HD camera/video recorder, MagiCam Mini Camcorder, FLIR Bcam w/SD, set of full spectrum POV glasses.
DVR: Black HD-SDI H.264
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, Mel-8704R-KII, Mel-8704-R, several K-II Meters.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder, 2- Sony digital recorders, Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder, RCA digital recorder Olympus VN-4100PC. Spion Parabolic Dish.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer. Mel-8704R-KII has ambient thermometer included.
Other: 2-P-SB7 frequency sweep radio( spirit box ), P-SB11 spirit box, Spirit voice receiver, Boo Buddy Bear, Laser Grid, Compaq Presario Laptop, Dell Laptop, Ovilus M, Altec speaker, 2- Rem Pods, various flashlights.
Condition of home:
The house was built in 1971 and was structurally sound, all utilities are working properly, doors and windows seemed tight with little noise and drafts coming from outside. The house was vacant and up for sale.
Start DVR 8:53 pm, Start Investigation 9:07 pm, End Investigation 12:23 am, Stopped DVR 12:29 am
Base Readings – 8:20 pm (8:00-9:00 pm – Set up)
Bonus Room 66.4 0.0 EMF
Living Room 65.4 0.0 EMF
Kitchen 66.1 Temp 0.0 EMF (13.8 oven, 0.9 microwave,)
Laundry 66.1 Temp 0.0 EMF (55.4 breaker box)
Garage 60.5 Temp 0.0 EMF
Den 68.2 Temp 0.0 EMF
Foyer 68.5 Temp 0.0 EMF
Medal Room 71.7 Temp 0.0 EMF
Jack & Jill B 72.3 Temp 0.0 EMF
Guest Room 70.4 Temp 0.0 EMF
Master Bed 69.8 Temp 0.0 EMF
Master Bath 69.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Hall 68.7 Temp 0.0 EMF
Basement 52.4 0.0 EMF
After Base Readings and Equipment Set Up – Investigation Began
Investigation Began – 9:07 pm
Investigation – Team 1 – Chris & Brian
- 9:07 pm – Master Bedroom
- 9:13 pm – Start EVP w/Ghost Box & Flashlight – 9:33 pm End EVP
- 9:34 pm – Medal Room
- 9:38 pm – Start Conversational EVP – 9:46 pm End EVP
- 9:46 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box – 10:00 pm End EVP
- 10:10 pm – Basement
- 10:14 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box & Flashlight – 10:33 pm End EVP
Investigation – Team 2 – Christie & Melissa
- 10:49 pm – Basement
- 10:52 pm – Start EVP w/Ghost Box & Flashlight – 11:12 pm End EVP
- 11:15 pm – Kitchen
- 11:17 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight – 11:31 pm End EVP
- 11:32 pm – Medal Room
- 11:34 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box & Flashlight – 11:56 pm End EVP
- 11:58 pm – Master Bedroom
- 12:12 am – Start EVP w/Spirt Box – 12:23 am End EVP
End Investigation: 12:30 am
GOGPI was called in to investigate the above claims of activity. We set up stationary cameras in the reported active areas of the house. We then started investigating the rooms in the house by taking base EMF and temperature readings.
Base reading in the house were within normal limits, temperature normal for conditions, EMF were within normal reading, except around the electrical equipment and electrical panels where they were higher, as expected.
We did not get anything in our pictures or video. We did record several EVP’s. The investigators had some personal experiences, see below.
With the claims of activity, personal experiences by the investigators, the EVP’s that were recorded we feel like there is paranormal activity in the house. We feel that the activity is not harmful for the home or the client and family. We cannot say the house is haunted without a follow up investigation to see if we can reproduce the claims of activity, personal experiences, and to gather more evidence of paranormal activity.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation
- During setup I was in the bonus room (where we were setting up base) walking towards the door to the living room when I heard what sounded like a man groaning. I turned around and asked Brian if it was him because the sound came from his direction. He replied that he did not make any noise.
- While sitting at base with Christie, I again heard the same groan and it seemed to come from the same direction in the bonus room.
- While doing an EVP session in the kitchen I could see a shadow in the doorway of the kitchen into the living room. It seemed to move towards us and then dissipated.
- While Christie and I were doing an EVP session in the Medal Room, I heard a female voice to my right in the corner of the room. Note- earlier as we were doing setup, I was in that same room and I felt like there was someone standing in that corner.
- While in the master bedroom with Christie doing an EVP session, I had asked for a knock and I heard one to my left. Hopefully I caught this and the others on my recorder.
- While in the basement with the client, I got the feeling that we weren’t wanted there. I really wanted to get out of that area.
I thought that I heard something say hey to me when I went outside headed to the basement then when me and Brian went down we heard it again but we could figure out where it was coming from. Also while in the medal room I heard something like metal faintly taping together coming from the Jack and Jill bathroom.
During set up I got an uneasy feeling about the Jack and Jill bath and the medal room. We added a camera at the last minute to the medal room.
While investigating the medal room with Melissa I heard a womans voice.
While investigating in the basement I felt as though I was on high alert and considered leaving on 2 different occasions during the investigation.
The cursor on the dvr screen moved twice on its own.
Heard “Hey” outside the basement door.
Heard voices in the basement.
Chills in my shoulders in 3 different rooms.
RESEARCH ON PROPERTY
|DETAILS & HISTORY OF PROPERTY|
· Built in 1971. 3 beds 2 baths 2000 sqft. Single Story with unfinished basement
· Made of brick, with central air and a carport. Den, Dining Room/Living Room Combination, Great Room, Master Bedroom on Main Level
· No deaths reported on property
|HISTORY OF AREA|
|· Average of 2 tornados a year, 122 tornados since 1950. The last tornado that resulted in death was 4/27/2011 and there have only been 10 deaths for this reason since 1950
· The U.S. headquarters for Operation Mobilisation. Operation Mobilisation is a Christian organization founded by George Verwer to mobilize young people to live and share the Gospel of Jesus. This is a mile from property
· The land was owned by the Creek Indians. Toward the end of 19th century, the land was purchased by Irish settlers directly from Native Americans.
· Named for people who built the railroad here in 1907.
|· There are a few original log cabins in the area that are still owned by descendants of the first settlers. Here are a few names of the first settlers: Rush, Adam, Collier, Ellison, Harris, Hobgood, Laundrum, McElwaney, Palmer, Stinchcomb, Swanson, White, and Whitlock.
· In February, 2017 .5 miles away, 400 Palmetto Road, a criminal broke into a house escaping police and an officer was shot and killed.
· January 17, 2017 a man was shot and killed in a home invasion within 2 houses
· House fire a mile away killed a family of 5 on Feb 1, 2016
· Closest cemetery is 2.2 miles.
· Nearby, Donna Denice Roberts died of a single gunshot wound to the face on Aug. 10th, 2012. The shot came from a handgun more than 60 feet away. They never found shooter.
· Other criminal activity within 2 blocks of the property, including the street of. 02/24/2017-CRIMINAL TRESPASS, 02/22/2017- NARCOTIC MFG/DIST/POSS W INTENT TO DIST, 02/22/2017-CIVIL ISSUE, 02/18/2017-WARRANT SERVICE, 02/17/2017-THEFT BY RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY ,02/14/2017-DRIVING WITHOUT LICENSE, 02/13/2017- NARCOTIC POSSESSION, 02/12/2017-ENTERING AUTO TO COMMIT THEFT, 02/11/2017-BATTERY SIMPLE, 02/11/2017-WARRANT SERVICE, 02/10/2017-THEFT BY DECEPTION, 02/09/2017-THEFT BY SHOPLIFTING, 02/08/2017-HARASSING PHONE CALLS, 01/19/2017-NARCOTIC POSSESSION, 01/18/2017-FORGERY FOURTH DEGREE (CHECK), 01/16/2017-THEFT BY RECEIVING PROPERTY STOLEN IN ANOTHER STATE, 01/15/2017-RECKLESS CONDUCT, 01/15/2017-MARIJUANA POSSESSION (MISD), 01/13/2017-WARRANT SERVICE, 01/12/2017-NARCOTIC POSSESSION, 01/11/2017-NARCOTIC POSSESSION, 01/10/2017-CHILD-COMPUTER PORNOGRAPHY & CHILD EXPLO, 01/06/2017-WARRANT SERVICE, 01/04/2017-SUSPICIOUS PERSON/THING/ACTIVITY
|Saturday 03/11 70 | 40 °F
Sunshine and some clouds. Slight chance of an afternoon shower. Rain likely.