Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On October 24, 2017, GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at a private residence in Roswell, GA. The activity reported at the home is as follows: Footsteps, apparition of little girl, black smoky mist over bed and moving into hallway.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Ed Laughlin & Brian Daffern
Moonrise, moonset and phase calendar:
|Meridian Passing Time
|Almanac for Roswell, GA
October 24, 2017
|Max Temperature||68||71||88 in 1939||49 in 1917|
|Min Temperature||48||51||67 in 1984||28 in 1917|
|Avg Temperature||58.0||60.9||73.0 in 1927||38.5 in 1917|
|Precipitation||0.00||0.10||1.72 in 1918||0.00 in 2017|
|Snowfall||0.0||0.0||0.0 in 2017||0.0 in 2017|
|Snow Depth||0||–||0 in 2017||0 in 2017|
|HDD (base 65)||7||5||26 in 1917||0 in 2016|
|CDD (base 65)||0||1||8 in 1927||0 in 2017|
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras, Samsung digital camera, Fuji S602 digital camera, Tasco infrared trail camera, iPhone 5S Camera/Video, numerous IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR. Nikon Coolpix L28 Full Spectrum digital camera, Bell & Howell IR Camcorder, JVC Everio Camcorder, T700 Full spectrum Camcorder, DDV-2200 full spectrum video camcorder, Insignia full spectrum HD camera/video recorder, MagiCam Mini Camcorder, FLIR Bcam w/SD, set of full spectrum POV glasses.
DVR: Black HD-SDI H.264
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, Mel-8704R-KII, Mel-8704-R, several K-II Meters.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder, 2- Sony digital recorders, Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder, RCA digital recorder Olympus VN-4100PC. Spion Parabolic Dish.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer. Mel-8704R-KII has ambient thermometer included.
Other: 2-P-SB7 frequency sweep radio( spirit box ), P-SB11 spirit box, Spirit voice receiver, Boo Buddy Bear, Laser Grid, Compaq Presario Laptop, Dell Laptop, Ovilus M, Altec speaker, 2- Rem Pods, Mobile Kinect, various flashlights.
Condition of home:
House was built in 1973, it is structurally sound, doors and windows are subject to drafts and outside noises, all utilities are up to date and in good working order.
Investigation 5:30 pm – End Investigation 9:30 pm
Base Readings – 6:00 pm
Dining Room 69.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Living Area Down 68.0 Temp 0.5 EMF
Stairs 68.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Hall 69.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Master Bedroom 67.0 Temp 0.0 EMF (2.1 EMF Lamp next to bed)
Bedroom 2 67.6 Temp 0.0 EMF
After Base Readings and Equipment Set Up – Investigation Began
Investigation – Team – Ed & Brian
- 6:41 pm – Master Bedroom
- 6:42 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 7:15 pm End EVP
- 7:16 pm – Hall Upstairs
7:18 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 7:41 pm End EVP
- 8:00 pm – Living Area Down Conversational EVP & Investigation)– 8:30 pm End EVP
- 8:46 pm – Bedroom 2 EVP w/Flashlight – 8:58 pm End EVP
- 9:00 pm – Master Bedroom EVP w/Flashlight – 9:27 pm End EVP
End Investigation: 9:30 pm
GOGPI was called in to investigate the above claims of activity. We set up stationary cameras in the reported active areas of the house. We then started investigating the rooms in the home by taking EMF and temperature readings, all were within normal limits, and conducting EVP session throughout the home.
We did not get anything in our pictures or video. We did record numerous EVP’s. All investigator had some personal experiences, see below.
With the claims of activity from the client, personal experiences by the investigator, the EVP’s that were recorded we feel like there is paranormal activity in the house. We were unable to determine who may be in the house but we feel that the activity is not harmful for the home, client, and family. We cannot say the house is haunted without a follow up investigation to see if we can reproduce the claims of activity, personal experiences, and to gather more evidence of paranormal activity.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation
- In Master bedroom
- Cold shoulders
- Temperature in room drop and raise (no air on)
- Heard a knock sound from the closet
- In Hallway
- Saw two shadows, 1 behind Ed
- Heard a knock
- Heard a knock twice
- Cold shoulders
- looking up the stairs saw a shadow at the top
- Ed and I came across a hat in the middle of a walkway that he and I had walked through many times before
While sitting on the top of the stairs I got really cold on my right side, the side facing the upstairs hallway. My left side was still warm. No windows were open, and no windows where I was sitting.
On the second sweep in the master bedroom I felt cold air hit me in the face and front of my body, I was facing towards the hallway and the windows were behind me with no air coming from the windows. It warmed up after a few minute then shortly after that it cooled back down again.
Found hat in the Foyer in the middle of the floor, the hat was originally sitting to the side, could not find a reason for it to be in the middle of the floor.
RESEARCH ON PROPERTY
|DETAILS & HISTORY OF PROPERTY|
|· 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, approximately 2,349 square feet and was built in 1973.
· Exterior Concrete, AC is central, Full Basement, and 2 stories
· No deaths reported on property
|HISTORY OF AREA|
|· Roswell, Georgia is located on the northern banks of the Chattahoochee River in an area the Cherokee Indians once called Enchanted Land. Originally, whites were forbidden on the land that was inhabited by the Cherokees, but that law was often ignored. Although a variety of treaties would be signed, many were broken.
· The Cherokee became increasingly aware of the white-man’s powerful weapons and the great numbers of settlers flocking to the area. Moreover, they realized that they must learn to co-exist with the white man or their way of life would surely perish.
· In 1830, while on a trip to northern Georgia, Roswell King passed through the area of what is now Roswell and observed the great potential for building a Cotton Mill.
· He returned later in 1830 to build the mill with his slaves. The slaves built the mills, infrastructure, houses, mill worker apartments, and supporting buildings for the town.
· By the time of the Civil War, the cotton mills employed more than 400 people, mostly women. Given settlement patterns in the Piedmont region, they were likely of Scots-Irish descent. As the mill increased in production, so did the number of people .
· During the Civil War, the city was captured by Union forces under the leadership of General Kenner Garrard. Under orders of General Sherman, Garrard shipped the mill workers north to prevent them from returning to work if the mills were rebuilt
|· Roswell has a well-documented paranormal history. Here are just a few within 2 miles or less of the property. Roswell Cemetery-orbs and mists witnesses by many people, Roswell Mill-hears screams and crying from women and mists, Presbyterian Church Cemetery-ghostly forms and orbs reported, and a newer one, Brunswick Zone-after elderly bowler passed there, people claim being pushed and trash can lids are knocked off
· Hazelwood, 20 year old, shot and killed Natalie Henderson and Carter Davis behind the King Plaza Publix in the early-morning hours of Aug. 1, 2016. This is 4 miles away
· Over the last 10 years there have been 6 UFO sightings within a mile of the property. Each report claims bright small lights. Ball lighting was ruled out.
· 4 cemeteries within 3 miles of property, including the Old Roswell Cemetery
· Roswell High School, 4 miles away, have had 3 student deaths over the last year. 1-accident at school, 1-suicide, and 1-alcohol consumption
· Confederate statues and markers are being protested. Found reports of increased activities as this continues. One is the Roswell plaque in town square, 2 miles away.
|Saturday 10/24 64 | 40 °F – clear|