Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On October 18, 2017, GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at a private residence in Marietta, GA. The activity reported at the home is as follows: Client and client’s mother are seeing apparitions of a boy and man, client’s mother is also seeing an apparition of a woman, picture flew off wall.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Ed Laughlin, Beth Peters, Brian Daffern
Moonrise, moonset and phase calendar:
|Meridian Passing Time
|Almanac for Marietta, GA
October 18, 2017
|Daily Data||Observed||—-||Normal||Record Highest||Record Lowest|
|Max Temperature||71||72||86 in 2016||54 in 1966|
|Min Temperature||48||53||68 in 2007||32 in 1948|
|Avg Temperature||59.5||62.6||75.5 in 1984||43.5 in 1948|
|Precipitation||0.00||0.11||2.39 in 1937||0.00 in 2017|
|Snowfall||0.0||0.0||0.0 in 2017||0.0 in 2017|
|Snow Depth||0||–||0 in 2017||0 in 2017|
|HDD (base 65)||5||4||21 in 1948||0 in 2016|
|CDD (base 65)||0||2||11 in 1984||0 in 2017|
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras, Samsung digital camera, Fuji S602 digital camera, Tasco infrared trail camera, iPhone 5S Camera/Video, numerous IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR. Nikon Coolpix L28 Full Spectrum digital camera, Bell & Howell IR Camcorder, JVC Everio Camcorder, T700 Full spectrum Camcorder, DDV-2200 full spectrum video camcorder, Insignia full spectrum HD camera/video recorder, MagiCam Mini Camcorder, FLIR Bcam w/SD, set of full spectrum POV glasses.
DVR: Black HD-SDI H.264
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, Mel-8704R-KII, Mel-8704-R, several K-II Meters.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder, 2- Sony digital recorders, Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder, RCA digital recorder Olympus VN-4100PC. Spion Parabolic Dish.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer. Mel-8704R-KII has ambient thermometer included.
Other: 2-P-SB7 frequency sweep radio( spirit box ), P-SB11 spirit box, Spirit voice receiver, Boo Buddy Bear, Laser Grid, Compaq Presario Laptop, Dell Laptop, Ovilus M, Altec speaker, 2- Rem Pods, Mobile Kinect, various flashlights.
Condition of home:
House was built in 1999. It is structurally sound, windows and doors are solid with very little drafts or noises coming through. All utilities are up to date and are in good working order. The house is well maintained.
Start DVR 8:41 pm – Investigation 8:50 pm – End Investigation 11:15 pm – Stop DVR 11:24 pm
Base Readings – 8:40 pm
Master Bedroom 71.5 Temp 0.0 EMF
Bedroom #1 72.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Hall 72.0 Temp 0.0 EMF (24.0 Carbon Dioxide Detector)
Basement 72.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
After Base Readings and Equipment Set Up – Investigation Began
Investigation – Team 1 – Ed & Brian
- 8:50 pm – Master Bedroom
- 9:00 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight, Toys & Spirit Box – 9:25 pm End EVP
- 9:26 pm – Bedroom #1
9:34 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight – 9:52 pm End EVP
- 9:53 pm – Hall
- 9:56 pm – Start Conversational EVP – 9:59 pm End EVP
- 10:00 pm – Basement (Pictures & Investigation) – 10:10 pm End Sweep
Investigation – Team 2 – Beth & Brian
- 10:24 pm – Bedroom #1
- 10:27 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 10:44 pm End EVP
- 10:45 pm – Master Bedroom
- 10:50 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight, Toys & Spirit Box – 11:15 pm End EVP & Sweep
End Investigation: 11:15 pm
GOGPI was called in to investigate the above claims of activity. We set up stationary cameras in the reported active areas of the house. We then started investigating the rooms in the home by taking EMF and temperature readings, all were within normal limits, and conducting EVP session throughout the home.
We did not get anything in our pictures or video. We did record numerous EVP’s. All investigator had some personal experiences, see below.
With the claims of activity from the client, personal experiences by the investigator, the EVP’s that were recorded we feel like there is paranormal activity in the house. We feel that the activity is not harmful for the home, client, and family. We felt like the presence there may be a family consisting of a mother, father, and son. We cannot say the house is haunted without a follow up investigation to see if we can reproduce the claims of activity, personal experiences, and to gather more evidence of paranormal activity.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation
Felt a cold breeze on my left arm coming from hallway through the cracked door while sitting in Bedroom #1. Also heard footsteps several times in the hall through the door at the same time. When we opened the door, I didn’t feel the cool breeze anymore.
At base I had a cool wet feeling on the left side of my neck like something had dropped on me. No source of water was found.
I heard knocks on the wall in bedroom #1.
Heard steps in the hallway. Heard some knocks on the wall in Bedroom #1. Shoulders became cold in Master bedroom.
RESEARCH ON PROPERTY
|DETAILS & HISTORY OF PROPERTY|
|· Built in 1999, Bedrooms: 4, Bathrooms: 3, Finished Basement
· Floor Size 3,453 sqft, Split level, Central air, Carpet and Hardwood floor
· No deaths on property
|HISTORY OF AREA|
|· Area was wooded area prior to home construction.
· Most of the historic area buildings, with a few notable exceptions, were burned in the War Between the States, and rebuilt when the town began to prosper again in the late 1800’s
· The area was the home of the Creek tribe from approximately 800 A.D. The Creeks were driven south of the Chattahoochee River by the Cherokees in the early 1800s. European settlers began to arrive in the early 1830s from other parts of Georgia, when they won land lotteries used to allocate the Indian lands. Other early migrants, most of English and Scotch-Irish descent, traveled south to Georgia through the mid-Atlantic states.
· Although some of the Native Americans left voluntarily, more than 17,000 from this area were relocated by the federal government to Oklahoma by way of the infamous Trail of Tears
|· Nine reports of UFO sightings in the area over the last 3 years.
· A mile away, April 6, 2017, the husband of a woman found dead inside her home has turned himself in to authorities. When officers got to there, they found the body of 66-year-old Roxanne Eaton.
· 4 miles away is Mysteria Antiques. It is reported to have hauntings associated with some of its items. If true or not, it is odd. We are an antique & oddities shop. We have taxidermy, skulls, bones, butterfly, insects, and antiques medical.
· A few miles away, on a private road where police hangout, is a place called the Witches Graveyard. There are not many graves on site, but the paranormal events make up for the lack of dead bodies. Locals believe that a witch is buried in the graveyard and this is one of the reasons for the paranormal phenomena that takes place there. There are rumors of occult and Satanic worship. Some visitors have seen groups of people in white robes gathered in the graveyard performing some sort of ritual. Feelings of being watched and cold spots are common. Some people even get nauseated. Batteries often are drained while in the graveyard. Visitors have captured photos of orbs and other anomalies. Some resources claim that the real paranormal activity stems from events that took place in the houses that are located near the graveyard. According to local lore, a man killed his wife and children and then himself in one of the houses in the 1980’s.
|Wednesday 10/18 70 | 45 °F – overcast|