Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On April 8, 2017, GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at a private residence in Marietta, GA. The activity reported at the home is as follows: Noises, temperature, flickering lights, the dog acting very strange in certain areas of the house, unusual behavior for the dog.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Ed Laughlin, Melissa Foster, Beth Peters & Brian Daffern did the Prelim.
Moonrise, moonset and phase calendar:
|Meridian Passing Time
|Almanac for Atlanta Area, GA (ThreadEx)
April 8, 2017
|Daily Data||Observed||Normal||Record Highest||Record Lowest|
|Max Temperature||71||71||87 in 2015||47 in 1902|
|Min Temperature||40||49||67 in 1999||30 in 2007|
|Avg Temperature||55.5||60.1||75.0 in 2015||40.5 in 1902|
|Precipitation||0.00||0.12||2.78 in 1983||0.00 in 2017|
|Snowfall||0.0||0.0||0.0 in 2017||0.0 in 2017|
|Snow Depth||0||–||0 in 2017||0 in 2017|
|HDD (base 65)||9||6||24 in 1902||0 in 2015|
|CDD (base 65)||0||1||10 in 2015||0 in 2017|
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras, Samsung digital camera, Fuji S602 digital camera, Tasco infrared trail camera, iPhone 5S Camera/Video, numerous IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR. Nikon Coolpix L28 Full Spectrum digital camera, Bell & Howell IR Camcorder, JVC Everio Camcorder, T700 Full spectrum Camcorder, DDV-2200 full spectrum video camcorder, Insignia full spectrum HD camera/video recorder, MagiCam Mini Camcorder, FLIR Bcam w/SD, set of full spectrum POV glasses.
DVR: Black HD-SDI H.264
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, Mel-8704R-KII, Mel-8704-R, several K-II Meters.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder, 2- Sony digital recorders, Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder, RCA digital recorder Olympus VN-4100PC. Spion Parabolic Dish.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer. Mel-8704R-KII has ambient thermometer included.
Other: 2-P-SB7 frequency sweep radio( spirit box ), P-SB11 spirit box, Spirit voice receiver, Boo Buddy Bear, Laser Grid, Compaq Presario Laptop, Dell Laptop, Ovilus M, Altec speaker, 2- Rem Pods, various flashlights.
Condition of home:
The house was built in 1964 and is in good shape and well taken care of. The structure is sound, windows and doors are in good shape but you can hear voices and noises coming in from outside along with drafts. All utilities are in good working order.
Start DVR 10:41 pm, Start Investigation 10:40 pm, End Investigation 2:20 am, Stopped DVR 2:23 am
Base Readings – 9:30 pm
Living Rm 75.1 Temp 0.0 EMF
Dining Rm 75.8 Temp 0.0 EMF
Kitchen 76.4 Temp 0.0 EMF (48.8 microwave,)
Laundry Rm 76.2 Temp 0.0 EMF
Client Bed 74.9 Temp 0.0 EMF
Hall Bath 74.7 Temp 0.0 EMF
Nursery 74.7 Temp 0.0 EMF
Master Bed 76.8 Temp 0.0 EMF
Master Bath 76.5 Temp 0.0 EMF
Basement 68.2 Temp 0.0 EMF (cable amplifier 28.4, breaker box 2.4)
After Base Readings and Equipment Set Up – Investigation Began
Investigation Began – 10:40 pm
Investigation – Team 1 – Melissa & Beth
- 10:40 pm – Client Bedroom
- 10:51 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight – 11:06 pm End EVP
- 11:07 pm – Nursery
- 11:10 pm – Living Room/Dining Room
- 11:16 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight – 11:29 pm End EVP
- 11:30 pm – Kitchen/Laundry
- 11:35 pm – Basement
- 11:44 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight – 12:05 am End EVP
Investigation – Team 2 – Ed & Beth
- 12:53 am – Outside from the Basement Garage Door – Investigated
- 1:13 am – Basement
- 1:20 am – Start EVP w/Flashlight – 1:57 am End EVP
- 2:02 am – Client Bedroom
- 2:08 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight – 2:20 am End EVP
End Investigation: 2:20 am
GOGPI was called in to investigate the above claims of activity. We set up stationary cameras in the reported active areas of the house. We then started investigating the rooms in the house by taking base EMF and temperature readings, all were within normal limits except around the electrical appliances where the EMF was higher as expected.
We did not get anything in our pictures or video. We did record numerous EVP’s. All investigators had some personal experiences, see below.
With the claims of activity from the client, personal experiences by the investigators, the EVP’s that were recorded we feel like there is paranormal activity in the house. We feel that the activity is not harmful for the home or the client and family. We feel like there is residual energy in the house because of the history of the land and also has intelligent spirits there too. The basement has energy in it which may be one reason the dog is pawing at the floor, he may feel as if he is digging a hole to get to what he is picking up on. Unclear why the dog started to act when he did. We cannot say the house is haunted without a follow up investigation to see if we can reproduce the claims of activity, personal experiences, and to gather more evidence of paranormal activity.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation
While carrying equipment up the sidewalk to the front of the house I heard someone whistling. I looked around the area and saw no one around. While in the mater bedroom at base I heard something hit the closet door. The other investigations were in the living room and the cat was lying on the bed, the cat raised up and looked in the direction of the sound. While investigating in the basement I heard a man’s voice say “Hey”, Beth heard it too coming from the same direction. also while in the basement I saw the flashlight turn on and off a couple times responding to our questions, but it was inconsistent so cannot say for sure it was paranormal.
The client’s home was delightful and charming. Between the client and her son, they leave a great energy lingering in the air. I was very comfortable in the home. I only had a couple of personal experiences, but was not frightened either time. While in the client’s bedroom investigating with Melissa, we heard a knock back to our request and felt a bump underneath us on the floor. And when investigating the basement with Ed, we heard a whisper by the garage door say “hey”. Also while investigating the basement with both Ed and Melissa at different times, we had the flashlight turn on and off by itself in response to questions. We can’t say for sure if it was true flashlight communication, but it happened only in the basement on both occasions.
When we were doing the walk through with the client, I heard a shuffling noise in the dining/kitchen area. I turned to see if it was the cat but the cat was laying in the hall near us. When Beth and I were doing an evp session in the client’s bedroom, Beth asked for a knock and her and I both heard and felt the knock from the floor. While doing an evp session with the flashlight, I hear what I can only describe as a plunk behind right before the flashlight came on. We did have the flashlight come on several times during the investigation but I don’t believe that they were direct responses to our questions.
I had no experiences at the time of the prelim. However, on a recording I did get a response to my hello. “hi”
RESEARCH ON PROPERTY
|DETAILS & HISTORY OF PROPERTY|
|· Built in 1964 – 3 beds 2.5 baths 1,642 sqft
· Last sold 11/2014, 4 sided brick home, ranch style, unfinished basement
· No deaths reported on or within a block of property.
|HISTORY OF AREA|
|· Most of the historic area buildings, with a few notable exceptions, were burned in the War Between the States, and rebuilt when the town began to prosper again in the late 1800’s
· Directly under the clients property, a large-scale frontal assault on June 27, 1864 between the North and South occurred. Picture attached
· The Kennesaw House is considered the most haunted location in Marietta. It is 5.2 miles away. During the Civil War, the building was used by both sides as a hospital and Sherman used it briefly as his headquarters.
· Within a few miles of property, key places Kolb Farm and Root House, both with reports of slave and soldier spirits
· The area was the home of the Creek tribe from approximately 800 A.D. The Creeks were driven south of the Chattahoochee River by the Cherokees in the early 1800s. European settlers began to arrive in the early 1830s from other parts of Georgia, when they won land lotteries used to allocate the Indian lands. Other early migrants, most of English and Scotch-Irish descent, traveled south to Georgia through the mid-Atlantic states.
· Some of the Native Americans left voluntarily, more than 17,000 from this area were relocated by the government to Oklahoma by way of the infamous Trail of Tears
|· Within 1 mile of home, 153 shoplifting arrests and 20 burglaries. Most I’ve seen
· Marietta Confederate Cemetery 4 miles away & Marietta National Cemetery is 6
· Found 3 haunted attractions within 5 miles of property. The Honey Shack Haunted House, Ghosts of Marietta, Fright Club Haunted House
· I found record of several hospital tents all around the area during the time of Northern occupation of the area.
· Within a two mile radius, Civil War and Native American spirits are regularly reported
· Nov. 2013, a mile away. A 25-year-old man previously charged with killing his twin brother was shot to death. Wael Ali was in the kitchen of the Laziza restaurant showing a gun. The gun went off while he was playing around, and Ali was shot in the front of the neck.
· Less than 5 miles away, Sharon Davidson killed her husband, 52-year-old Frank William in 2013, by shooting him in their carport for his life insurance money.
|Saturday 04/08 – 68 | 43 °F Partly cloudy|