Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On July 1, 2017, GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at a private residence in LaGrange, GA. The activity reported at the home is as follows: Knocking Sounds, Voices at night, Shelf fell off the wall after years of being there, the nail was still in the wall. Decoration (set of cowboy boots) was found to be moved while no one was home. Blue shirt passed the door way but no “body” just the blue shirt. Cold feelings in the dining room. Dog is always looking in the dining room. (The dog did this while we were there.) Felt a pressure on the sofa as if someone had sat down but no one was there.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Chris & Christie Bradley, Brian Daffern
Moonrise, moonset and phase calendar:
|Meridian Passing Time
|Almanac for Macon Area, GA (ThreadEx)
July 1, 2017
|Daily Data||Observed||—-||Normal||Record Highest||Record Lowest|
|Max Temperature||92||92||108 in 2012||74 in 1924|
|Min Temperature||72||70||78 in 1931||59 in 1923|
|Avg Temperature||82.0||81.1||90.0 in 1897||70.5 in 1924|
|Precipitation||2.44||0.15||2.89 in 2007||0.00 in 2016|
|Snowfall||0.0||0.0||T in 1993||0.0 in 2017|
|Snow Depth||0||–||0 in 2017||0 in 2017|
|HDD (base 65)||0||0||0 in 2017||0 in 2017|
|CDD (base 65)||17||16||25 in 2012||6 in 1924|
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras, Samsung digital camera, Fuji S602 digital camera, Tasco infrared trail camera, iPhone 5S Camera/Video, numerous IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR. Nikon Coolpix L28 Full Spectrum digital camera, Bell & Howell IR Camcorder, JVC Everio Camcorder, T700 Full spectrum Camcorder, DDV-2200 full spectrum video camcorder, Insignia full spectrum HD camera/video recorder, MagiCam Mini Camcorder, FLIR Bcam w/SD, set of full spectrum POV glasses.
DVR: Black HD-SDI H.264
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, Mel-8704R-KII, Mel-8704-R, several K-II Meters.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder, 2- Sony digital recorders, Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder, RCA digital recorder Olympus VN-4100PC. Spion Parabolic Dish.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer. Mel-8704R-KII has ambient thermometer included.
Other: 2-P-SB7 frequency sweep radio( spirit box ), P-SB11 spirit box, Spirit voice receiver, Boo Buddy Bear, Laser Grid, Compaq Presario Laptop, Dell Laptop, Ovilus M, Altec speaker, 2- Rem Pods, Mobile Kinect, various flashlights.
Condition of home:
The home was built in 1995. Home’s structure was sound. No mechanical problems. We didn’t find any unusual drafts of air through windows or doors. Plumbing and electrical was in working order with no malfunctions observed.
Start DVR 7:50 pm, Start Investigation 9:12 pm, End Investigation 11:24 pm, Stopped DVR 11:27 pm
Base Readings – 8:30 pm
Living Rm 76.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Dining Rm 76.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Bathroom 74.9 Temp 0.0 EMF
Master Bed 76.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Boy’s Room 76.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Girl’s Room 76.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Up Hall 76.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Down Hall 76.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
After Base Readings and Equipment Set Up – Investigation Began
Investigation Began – 9:12 pm
Investigation – Team 1 – Chris & Brian
- 9:12 pm – Master Bedroom
- 9:20 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Ghost Box – 9:48 pm End EVP
- 9:50 pm – Dining Room
9:55 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Ghost Box – 10:16 pm End EVP
- 10:32 pm – Living Room
- 10:34 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight – 10:36 pm add Spirit Box – 10:58 pm End EVP
Investigation – Team 2 – Christie & Brian
- 11:03 pm – Boy’s Room
- 11:03 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight – 11:10 pm End EVP
- 11:12 pm – Girl’s Room
- 11:12 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box – 11:24 pm End EVP
End Investigation: 11:24 pm
GOGPI was called in to investigate the above claims of activity. We set up stationary cameras in the reported active areas of the house. We then started investigating the rooms in the house by taking base EMF and temperature readings.
Base reading in the house were within normal limits, temperature normal for conditions, EMF were within normal reading, except around the electrical equipment and electrical panels where they were higher, as expected.
We did not get anything in our pictures or video. We did record numerous EVP’s. A couple investigators had some personal experiences, see below.
With the claims of activity from the client and her family, personal experiences by the investigators, the EVP’s that were recorded we feel like there is paranormal activity in the home. We feel that the activity is not harmful for the client or family. We cannot say the house is haunted without a follow up investigation to see if we can reproduce the claims of activity, personal experiences, and to gather more evidence of paranormal activity.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation
Chris and I were standing by the front door and I heard what sounded like a mumbled voice to my left.
While sitting at base I heard several voices. I heard what I described as sounding like a old tape when it was being fast forwarded or rewind during play.
I had two personal experiences. Cold shoulders in master bedroom and dining room. The dog also kept staring at the entry way to the staircase.
RESEARCH ON PROPERTY
|DETAILS & HISTORY OF PROPERTY|
|· Built in 1995,4-bedroom, 2-bathroom single family residential house,
· 1,640 Sqft, Concrete block foundation, wood siding, asphalt roof, 3.94 AC Lot Size
· 756 feet from Shoal Creek
· No deaths reported on property or within one mile. No cemeteries within 5 miles.
|HISTORY OF AREA|
|· The first inhabitants in the area are believed to be Indians who wandered over a land bridge that previously connected America with Asia
· The European-American settlement of LaGrange began in the early 19th century, soon after the territory was ceded to the United States by the Creek Indians
· LaGrange was settled by people from eastern Georgia, the Carolinas, and Virginia.
· The area was developed for cotton plantations, and planters migrating from the eastern areas of the South brought along or bought enslaved African Americans in the domestic slave trade to use as laborers.
· By 1860 Troup County had become the fourth-wealthiest county in Georgia, based on cotton as a commodity crop. It was the fifth-largest slaveholding county in the state
· LaGrange was a Confederate hospital zone, refugee center, and magnet for political and military leaders and their families. Confederate president Jefferson Davis was frequently in LaGrange. The town was invaded on April 17, 1865, by a Union detachment led, ironically, by a man named Colonel O. H. LaGrange. The federal troops burned most factories and some stores, destroyed the railroad depot and tracks, and cut the telegraph lines.
· In the late 19th century, LaGrange developed as a railroad center and as an industrial center. Textile mills were developed here and elsewhere in the upland region.
|· High risk for Tornado and Hail., 87 since 1950.
· Entire area sits on Amphibolite rock. It is harder than limestone and heavier than granite and is used for highway and railroad construction. It is often used commercially in cemetery markers. Used also in shaman healing crystals.
· No violent crimes reported in area. However, an unusual amount of theft, counterfeiting, indecent exposure, and identity theft.
· Thirty-four different reports of UFO’s reported in this zip code dating back 20 years. The #1 description, Orbs/Spheres that change color and glow white.
· In addition to the UFO’s, the five-mile radius around the property has seen the following reports: mass landing of black helicopters; a 500+ pound bigfoot; a reddish-brown entity witness said was a demon; alien abductions; and shadow people.
· 1/27/17 – The police chief publically apologized for a lynching that happened more than 75 years ago. Police never investigated after a white mob snatched a black man from a jail and killed him. Lynching took place a few miles from property
· We have been to LaGrange before for an investigation, 10/18/14
· 4 miles away in a Super 8 Motel, two, identified as 64-year-old Linda Kern and 60-year-old Randall Rogers, were pronounced dead at the scene. 4/23/16
· 10/2/03 a few miles away. Authorities say Connie King Quedens, 58, is responsible for the death of Fred Wilkerson, a friend and former co-worker who was staying in the basement of her home shortly before his disappearance Nov. 27, 1987. Troup County sheriff’s deputies, acting on a tip, discovered skeletal remains buried in a filled-in well on Quedens’ property. Authorities say the remains appear to show a gunshot wound to the head.
|Saturday 05/20 93 | 69 °F|