Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On January, 14, 2017, GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at a private condo in Gulf Shores, AL. The activity reported at the condo is as follows: Feelings of being watched, felt like someone keeping the door from opening, and unexplained bruising.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Ed Laughlin, Beth Peters, & Brian Daffern – Guest investigator: Karen Daffern
Moonrise, moonset and phase calendar:
Jan 14, 2017
|Mean Temperature||62 °F|
|Max Temperature||74 °F|
|Min Temperature||49 °F|
|Heating Degree Days||4|
|Growing Degree Days||12 (Base 50)|
|Dew Point||58 °F|
|Sea Level Pressure|
|Sea Level Pressure||30.39 in|
|Wind Speed||2 mph (ESE)|
|Max Wind Speed||14 mph|
|Max Gust Speed||20 mph|
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras, Samsung digital camera, Fuji S602 digital camera, Tasco infrared trail camera, iPhone 5S Camera/Video, numerous IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR. Nikon Coolpix L28 Full Spectrum digital camera, Bell & Howell IR Camcorder, JVC Everio Camcorder, T700 Full spectrum Camcorder, DDV-2200 full spectrum video camcorder, Insignia full spectrum HD camera/video recorder, MagiCam Mini Camcorder, FLIR Bcam w/SD, set of full spectrum POV glasses.
DVR: Black HD-SDI H.264
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, Mel-8704R-KII, Mel-8704-R, several K-II Meters.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder, 2- Sony digital recorders, Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder, RCA digital recorder Olympus VN-4100PC. Spion Parabolic Dish.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer. Mel-8704R-KII has ambient thermometer included.
Other: 2-P-SB7 frequency sweep radio( spirit box ), P-SB11 spirit box, Spirit voice receiver, Boo Buddy Bear, Laser Grid, Compaq Presario Laptop, Dell Laptop, Ovilus M, Altec speaker, 2- Rem Pods, various flashlights.
Condition of the condo:
The building is approximately 33 years old and has been kept up to date, it is structurally sound. All utilities in good working order and the window and doors are in good shape. You can hear people talking outside the front door and through the walls at times. They can be subject to drafts when the wind is high.
Temperature and EMF Readings were within normal ranges.
After Base Readings and Equipment Set Up – Investigation Began
Our investigation began with a walk through of the condo and surrounding areas given by the owner. We split into two teams. We investigated the condo together first and then again as separate teams taking turns. We took meter readings, recorded EVP sessions, took pictures, and recorded footage with cameras set in different locations. Some of the personal experiences of the investigators are recorded below.
GOGPI was called in to investigate the above claims of activity. GOGPI investigated
Friday night all four investigators investigated the condo together. We took EMF and temperature reading to compare with the base readings and all were within normal limits. We did conduct a lengthy EVP session using audio recorders, flashlight, and the spirit box. We did not receive any communication through the spirit box so we turned it off. The flashlight came on numerous times in response to our questions, We also recorded some EVP’s with the audio recorders. We asked if the person there could nock over a box on the counter and did hear a scratch/tap noise coming from that area. After the investigation we check the box and it move about a quarter inch from where it was.
Saturday night we broke into two teams with Brian and Ed investigating first. Both teams check the EMF and temperature again and all was normal. Both teams conducted an EVP session during their sweep. There were no responses with the spirit box or flashlight but we did record a few EVP’s.
We checked the claim that it felt as someone was pushing on the door when trying to enter the condo and found that since the new tile was put in the hallway that it raised the threshold and the door bottom catches on it.
We also took pictures and video both nights but did not capture anything with either one.
We feel that there is nothing in the condo that would cause harm. We found little evidence of paranormal activity other than the EVP’s recorded. It felt very peaceful and we told whoever may be there that they needed to leave and move on, hopefully they did.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation
Friday night I witness the flashlight coming on during an EVP session and appeared to be good communication. I also heard a unexplained noise that sounded like a tap.
Sunday morning while in the bathroom I heard what sounded like feet shuffling in the room. It sounded like they were on the mat in front of the vanity. I thought it was Beth but when I came into the room I saw she was still in bed.
I was hesitant to list out personal experiments because of the uncertainty on what I was really feeling/hearing and what might have been coincidence or group think. So I will stick with evidence. Beyond flashlight, I heard tapping a few times again st what sounded like cardboard and not I put out for them 5o move appeared to edge about a 1/16th of an inch from where I had marked it when I put it down.
Personal Experiences: During an EVP session, I heard tapping a few times that sounded like it was on a cardboard box Brian had set up in the kitchen to be moved on command. Watched the flashlight go on and off to responses to questions during our EVP sessions. Sunday morning while Ed was in the shower I was woke up to a very loud sound. It sounded like a large piece of sheet metal falling off the roof to the ground below. I checked and could not find any source of the sound. When Ed came out of the bathroom he asked me if I heard something because he heard a sound at the same time. He thought it was someone on the wood mat outside the bathroom.
Sensitive Report: During the stay for the weekend in the condo, I felt very safe. I didn’t feel any dark energy or anything uncomfortable. The beach felt wonderful at night and the surrounding areas were really comforting. The entire building was great. During the investigation, we had what we felt like a clear telepathic conversation with the client’s parents who have passed. We also had flashlight communication with them that confirmed the communication and answers to some questions. During an afternoon walk on the beach, I felt the initiation of telepathic communication from the client’s dad.
RESEARCH ON PROPERTY
|DETAILS & HISTORY OF PROPERTY|
|· Built in 1984 – Cement and Concrete building
· Central cooling, forced air heat.
· Floor size about 785 sq. feet, 2 beds, 2 baths
|HISTORY OF AREA|
|· Location of Fort Morgan and the battle of Mobile Bay. In looking at attached map you will see we are staying where “Gaines is disabled” marked on map.
· A combined Union force initiated operations to close Mobile Bay to blockade running. On August 5, Rear Admiral David Farragut’s Union fleet of eighteen ships boldly entered Mobile Bay and received a devastating fire from Forts Gaines and Morgan and other points. After passing the forts, Farragut engaged in a slow-motion slugfest with the Confederate ironclad CSS Tennessee, under the command of Adm. Franklin Buchanan. After forcing the Tennessee to surrender, Union forces besieged Fort Gaines and Fort Morgan, which controlled the mouth of Mobile Bay. By August 23, Fort Morgan, the last big holdout, fell, shutting down the strategic port.
· This area is considered the last major battle of the Civil War, unwittingly fought after the South had already conceded defeat.
|· Only crime reported has been theft in the area.
· Several soldiers reportedly buried around the condos in unmarked graves. Have not been able to find proof of this.
· Fort Morgan was Alabama’s largest permanent military post between 1900 and 1923, the fort served during the Spanish-American War and World Wars I and II.
· Between 1845 and 1900, Fort Morgan was fortified with 5 concrete batteries with the latest in fire-power, electric, and top-tier communications. Fort Morgan was hit by several natural disasters in the form of hurricanes between 1906 and 1916 which caused major damage to the structure and officers’ quarters along the.
· The fort served as a training ground for artillerymen when war was declared on Germany in 1917. Seven short years later, the U.S. Army abandoned the fort and it quickly fell into disrepair. Life returned to the fort for a short 5 years starting in 1942 around the start of World War II and it received several weapons fortifications before it was abandoned once more and handed over to the State of Alabama in 1946
· There have been a lot of reports at the fort, but they have seemed to bleed over the entire area. One female tourist recalls seeing shadow figures looming about a dark corridor. She thought they were part of her tour group and as she descended further into the near pitch-black room she discovered that her tour group was not there and she was alone. Still, she could see the distinct shapes of people moving about the room.
· Other visitors have reported seeing strange mists, glowing lights and hearing odd sounds from disembodied voices and whispers to scratching and moaning.
· Admiral Farragut reportedly said to his crew, “Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.”
|Friday 01/13 71 | 58 °F Partly Cloudy
Saturday 01/14 72 | 61 °F Party Cloudy