Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On July 29, 2017, GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at a private residence in Cumming, GA. The activity reported at the home is as follows:
The client’s first encounter happened the first week she moved in. She was sitting and reading and she felt her hair be lifted and then dropped. She saw a female apparition walk down the hallway. She said the apparition was dressed in an older dress and she got the sense the apparition was looking for her lost love. She smells cigar smoke in the home and she does not smoke cigars. She hears children talking to her. Sometimes she can make out what they are saying but other times she can’t.
The client was okay with the before mentioned things but the thing she is not okay with is a male apparition that appeared to her a few nights before she contacted us. The figure was dressed in our age garb. She awoke to him touching her legs and putting what felt like needles in her feet. She said she was terrified. He got up and walked out her bedroom door. The apparition was so real that she thought a real man was in her home. She called her boyfriend next door and had him come over.
Her goals for our investigation is to find out who the man is, who the kids are and what the woman wants. She wants to know can we help them. She wants to know if their intentions are not good and if not, she wants them to leave.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Chris & Christie Bradley, Ed Laughlin, Beth Peters & Melissa Foster
Moonrise, moonset and phase calendar:
|Meridian Passing Time
|Almanac for Cumming 2N, GA (ThreadEx)
July 29, 2017
|Daily Data||Observed||Normal||Record Highest||Record Lowest|
|Max Temperature||90||88||96 in 2006||81 in 2007|
|Min Temperature||68||67||73 in 2011||61 in 2014|
|Avg Temperature||79.0||77.3||83.5 in 2010||73.0 in 2014|
|Precipitation||0.00||0.16||3.06 in 1965||0.00 in 2017|
|Snowfall||M||0.0||0.0 in 2016||0.0 in 2016|
|Snow Depth||M||–||0 in 2016||0 in 2016|
|HDD (base 65)||0||0||0 in 2017||0 in 2017|
|CDD (base 65)||14||12||19 in 2010||8 in 2014|
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras, Samsung digital camera, Fuji S602 digital camera, Tasco infrared trail camera, iPhone 5S Camera/Video, numerous IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR. Nikon Coolpix L28 Full Spectrum digital camera, Bell & Howell IR Camcorder, JVC Everio Camcorder, T700 Full spectrum Camcorder, DDV-2200 full spectrum video camcorder, Insignia full spectrum HD camera/video recorder, MagiCam Mini Camcorder, FLIR Bcam w/SD, set of full spectrum POV glasses.
DVR: Black HD-SDI H.264
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, Mel-8704R-KII, Mel-8704-R, several K-II Meters.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder, 2- Sony digital recorders, Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder, RCA digital recorder Olympus VN-4100PC. Spion Parabolic Dish.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer. Mel-8704R-KII has ambient thermometer included.
Other: 2-P-SB7 frequency sweep radio( spirit box ), P-SB11 spirit box, Spirit voice receiver, Boo Buddy Bear, Laser Grid, Compaq Presario Laptop, Dell Laptop, Ovilus M, Altec speaker, 2- Rem Pods, Mobile Kinect, various flashlights.
Condition of home: The home appeared to be in good condition. It was built in 1973, Mobile Home. 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 966 sqft. Roof: metal, Exterior Walls: metal, Foundation: Piers. All the electrical and plumbing worked with no reported issues. No structure damage reported. Our team found the EMF readings in the Master Bedroom unusually high. They located the sources of all the high EMF readings and are noted in the Base Readings.
Start DVR 7:47 pm, Start Investigation 8:47 pm, End Investigation 12:05 am, Stopped DVR 12:08 am
Base Readings – 8:00-8:30 pm
Master Bed 79.9 Temp 0.0 EMF (Center of room, toward door and living room)
175.2 EMF (Small fan by the bed) VERY HIGH
23.4 EMF (TV when on) HIGH
166.1 EMF (Extension Cord on dresser) VERY HIGH
105.7 EMF (Plug in wall under Air Conditioner) VERY HIGH
Living Room 82.3 Temp 0.0 EMF (Whole Room)
37.7 EMF (Box Fan on floor) HIGH
Kitchen 84.3 Temp 0.2 EMF (Whole Kitchen)
18.0 EMF (Refrigerator)
12.2 EMF (Microwave)
Bedroom 1 82.3 Temp 0.0 EMF (Whole Room)
51.5 EMF (Ceiling Fan) HIGH
Bathroom 82.6 Temp 0.0 EMF (Whole Bathroom)
Bedroom 2 83.9 Temp 0.0 EMF (Whole Room)
8.1 EMF (Panel Box on wall)
After Base Readings and Equipment Set Up – Investigation Began
Investigation Began – 8:47 pm
Investigation – Team 1 – Chris & Ed
- 8:47 pm – Bedroom 2
- 8:51 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Meters – 8:59 pm End EVP
- 9:01 pm – Bedroom 1
9:04 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box – 9:17 pm End EVP
- 9:18 pm – Kitchen
- 9:23 pm – Start EVP (Conversational) – 9:29 pm End EVP
- 9:32 pm – Master Bedroom
- 9:41 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box – 9:55 pm End EVP
Investigation – Team 2 – Christie, Beth & Melissa
- 10:05 pm – Bedroom 2
- 10:08 pm – Start EVP (Conversational) – 10:26 pm End EVP
- 10:27 pm – Bedroom 1 – 10:35 pm End of Sweep in Bedroom 1
- 10:36 pm – Master Bedroom
- 10:37 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box & Flashlight – 11:00 pm End EVP
- 11:01 pm – Kitchen
- 11:04 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight – 11:22 pm End EVP
Investigation – Team 1 – Chris & Ed
- 11:47 pm – Master Bedroom
- 11:50 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box – 12:05 pm End EVP
End Investigation: 12:05 am
GOGPI was called in to investigate the above claims of activity. We set up stationary cameras in the reported active areas of the house. We then started investigating the rooms in the house by taking base EMF and temperature readings.
Base reading in the house were within normal limits, temperature normal for conditions, EMF were within normal reading, except around the electrical equipment and electrical panels where they were higher, as expected. The EMF in the master bedroom was extremely high in most areas of the room. If the client is sensitive to the electro magnetic fields it may cause the client to have physical and psychological reactions to it, including but limited to the feeling of being watch, seeing things that aren’t there, hair standing on end, anxiety, nausea etc.
We did not get anything in our pictures or video. We did record several EVP’s. Most investigators had some personal experiences, see below.
With the claims of activity from the client, personal experiences by the investigators, the EVP’s that were recorded we feel like there is paranormal activity in the home. We feel that the activity is not harmful for the client or family. We did not find out who may be there as they seemed to avoid most questions and did not communicate directly with us. We cannot say the house is haunted without a follow up investigation to see if we can reproduce the claims of activity, personal experiences, and to gather more evidence of paranormal activity.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation
I thought I heard someone whisper in the bedroom while sitting on the love seat.
While investigating with Ed in Bedroom 2 I heard what sounded like a door shut outside but seemed like it was behind me in the closet. We checked with Christie at base and she said that she didn’t hear anything or see any one. While investigating with Ed the second time in the master bedroom I stood where I had during the first sweep and this time I got a cold chill and the AC wasn’t even on this time.
The only personal experience I had was when Christie, Beth and I were doing an evp session in the master bedroom. I was sitting on the floor and I felt something move across my left hand. I turned the flashlight on to look but I didn’t see anything.
No Personal Experiences
I heard the same noise as Chris did in bedroom 2. It sounded like a door closing, but sounded as if it came from the bedroom closet.
RESEARCH ON PROPERTY
|DETAILS & HISTORY OF PROPERTY|
|· Built in 1973, Mobile Home. 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 966 sqft.
· Roof: metal, Exterior Walls: metal, Foundation: Piers
· No reported deaths on property.
|HISTORY OF AREA|
|· The area, now called Cumming, was first inhabited by Cherokee tribes. They came in 1755. The Cherokee and Creek people developed disputes over hunting land. After two years of fighting, the Cherokee won the land in the Battle of Taliwa. The Creek people were forced to move south of the Chattahoochee River.
· The Cherokee coexisted with white settlers until the discovery of gold in Georgia in 1828. Settlers moved to the area to mine for gold pushed for removal of Cherokee.
· In 1835, the Treaty of New Echota was signed. The treaty stated that the Cherokee must move to the Indian Territory, west of the Mississippi River. This resulted in the Trail of Tears. The Cherokee territory was formed into Cherokee County in 1831.
· January 1834 the post office was established, and in December the state legislature incorporated Cumming and officially made it the Forsyth county seat. The town was named for William Cumming, a Georgia native who made his reputation while serving as a colonel in the U.S. Army during the War of 1812
· Cumming benefited from the Georgia gold rush of the 1830s and 1840s as numerous businesses sprung up in town to meet the needs of prospectors. The discovery of gold in California in 1849 lured many local miners away from north Georgia, hurting the town’s economy. The laying of railroads in the 1830s and 1840s stole traffic from the Federal Road, which ran close to Cumming.
· A reputation for racial intolerance plagued Cumming during most of the twentieth century. In 1912 Georgia governor Joseph M. Brown sent four companies of state militia to the city to prevent a riot by white residents after three African American males raped a young white woman.
|· 29 UFO sighting events over the last four years within a mile of the home. Common theme are three orange lights, with two reports of black helicopters chasing them
· An unusual amount of lost pets in this zip code. Almost 50% than neighboring county
· There has been no paranormal reports within 5 miles outside of UFO reports.
· Within one mile of the home, chance of being a victim of a violent crime 1 in 629, being a victim of property crime 1 in 15, and being a victim of crime in general 1 in 14.
· According to a map of the area in 1824, this street area has been occupied by at least one American Indian tribe for a short time.
· The unemployment rate in Cumming is 47% higher than the national average.
· The overall crime rate in Cumming is 154% higher than the national average
|Saturday 07/29 87 | 66 °F|