Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On October 14, 2017, GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at a private residence in Canton, GA. The activity reported at the home is as follows: Client feels an attachment to her that follows her around for the past 12 years, throws things at her, talks to her, hears heart beats, pantry door opening on it’s own, husband pushed and scratched.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Ed Laughlin, Chris & Christie Bradley, Brian Daffern
Moonrise, moonset and phase calendar:
|Meridian Passing Time
|Almanac for BALL GROUND, GA
October 14, 2017
|Daily Data||Observed||—-||Normal||Record Highest||Record Lowest|
|Max Temperature||M||71||79 in 2002||58 in 2006|
|Min Temperature||M||48||64 in 2001||36 in 2006|
|Avg Temperature||M||59.5||70.0 in 2001||47.0 in 2006|
|Precipitation||M||0.14||1.24 in 2014||0.00 in 2013|
|Snowfall||M||0.0||0.0 in 2010||0.0 in 2010|
|Snow Depth||M||–||0 in 2010||0 in 2010|
|HDD (base 65)||M||6||18 in 2006||0 in 2013|
|CDD (base 65)||M||0||5 in 2001||0 in 2011|
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras, Samsung digital camera, Fuji S602 digital camera, Tasco infrared trail camera, iPhone 5S Camera/Video, numerous IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR. Nikon Coolpix L28 Full Spectrum digital camera, Bell & Howell IR Camcorder, JVC Everio Camcorder, T700 Full spectrum Camcorder, DDV-2200 full spectrum video camcorder, Insignia full spectrum HD camera/video recorder, MagiCam Mini Camcorder, FLIR Bcam w/SD, set of full spectrum POV glasses.
DVR: Black HD-SDI H.264
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, Mel-8704R-KII, Mel-8704-R, several K-II Meters.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder, 2- Sony digital recorders, Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder, RCA digital recorder Olympus VN-4100PC. Spion Parabolic Dish.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer. Mel-8704R-KII has ambient thermometer included.
Other: 2-P-SB7 frequency sweep radio( spirit box ), P-SB11 spirit box, Spirit voice receiver, Boo Buddy Bear, Laser Grid, Compaq Presario Laptop, Dell Laptop, Ovilus M, Altec speaker, 2- Rem Pods, Mobile Kinect, various flashlights.
Condition of home:
The apartment building was built in 1999 and is structurally sound, average windows and doors subject to light drafts and sounds coming through. All utilities are in good working order.
Start Investigation 8:30 pm – End Investigation 11:40 pm
Base Readings – 7:30 pm
Sitting Rm 71.2 Temp 0.0 EMF
Man Rm 73.3 Temp 0.0 EMF
Hall Bath 73.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
Hallway 73.6 Temp 0.0 EMF
Living/Dining 73.5 Temp 0.0 EMF
Master Bedroom 72.8 Temp 0.0 EMF
Master Bath 72.4 Temp 0.0 EMF
Kitchen 72.0 Temp 0.0 EMF
After Base Readings and Equipment Set Up – Investigation Began
Investigation – Team 1 – Chris & Christie
- 8:30 pm – Master Bedroom
- 8:35 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 8:45 pm End EVP
- 8:45 pm – Man Room
8:49 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box – 8:57 pm End Spirit Box, start Conversational EVP – 9:06 pm End EVP
- 9:07 pm – Kitchen
- 9:10 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight – 9:20 pm End EVP
Investigation – Team 2 – Ed & Brian
- 9:21 pm – Sitting Rom
- 9:24 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 9:35 pm End EVP
- 9:42 pm – Man Room
- 9:46 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 10:04 pm End EVP
- 10:04 pm – Kitchen & Dining Rm
- 10:11 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight – 10:21 pm End EVP
- 11:20 pm – Man Room (w/Gabby)
- 11:22 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 11:40 pm End EVP
End Investigation: 11:40 pm
GOGPI was called in to investigate the above claims of activity. We set up stationary cameras in the reported active areas of the house. We then started investigating the rooms in the home by taking EMF and temperature readings, all were within normal limits, and conducting EVP session throughout the home. We did not get anything in our pictures or video. We did record some EVP’s. Three investigator had some personal experiences, see below.
With the claims of activity from the client, personal experiences by the investigator, the EVP’s that were recorded we feel like there is some paranormal activity in the home. We feel that the activity can be harmful for the home or the client and family. We feel the client needs to detach herself from what spirit is with her so it can move on. With the client losing an hour of her time she can be susceptible to the spirit entering her and causing harm. We cannot say the house is haunted without a follow up investigation to see if we can reproduce the claims of activity, personal experiences, and to gather more evidence of paranormal activity.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation
I had no personal experiences other than the feeling of panic while talking with the client.
Chris: I believe I saw a shadow in the laundry room
Mine consisted of seeing a possible shadow in the dining area right where it meets the kitchen.
Felt cold shoulder against the wall with dreamcatcher in Man’s Room. Possibly saw two shadows. One in the hallway and one in the kitchen entry. Feeling of panic and frustration from the client.
RESEARCH ON PROPERTY
|DETAILS & HISTORY OF PROPERTY|
|· Built in 1999, depending on floor plan, rooms and size vary|
|HISTORY OF AREA|
|· Cherokee Indians were early settlers of the area.
· Following the gold rush in 1829, European-American settlers began to move in.
· Many Cherokee stayed until removed by Federal troops in 1838
· During the American Civil War, Canton, which had a population of about 200, was burned between the dates of November 1–5, 1864, by the Union Army under the command of Maj. Gen. William T. Sherman.
· Canton was destroyed by a foraging party of the Ohio 5th Cavalry under the command of Major Thomas T. Heath.
|· Nine reports of UFO sightings in the area over the last 3 years.
· Reviews of the complex by more than 5 individuals is: Walls super thin, you can hear your neighbors pee, and personal conversations, along with personal arguments! Dogs barking.
· On a side note, a lot of complaints on finding parking at this complex.
· Three miles away is Paranoia Haunted House. A very large paranormal experience and haunted house.
· A few miles away is the Keith Plantation. It was used to hide food from the Union. No reports there, but they sold part of their land to Walmart. While excavating, they came across an Indian burial ground. In 1995, the whole area was excavated by archaeologists in order to remove these artifacts prior to building the new store. There were 48 graves and thousands of artifacts that were discovered, which filled 120 boxes. The full skeleton of a little girl, buried with her toys and personal items, was a part of this find. The artifacts and remains were eventually re-buried in Canton, GA, with a full ceremony overseen by Cherokee descendant and since then there have been reports of continuous paranormal activity. The property is between these two spots.
|Saturday 10/14 70 | 51 °F – overcast|