Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On March 18, 2017, GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at a private residence in Atlanta, GA. The activity reported at the home is as follows: Client stated there was activity did not divulge what type of activity was in the house.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Ed Laughlin and Brian Daffern with Erin as Guest Investigator
Moonrise, moonset and phase calendar:
|Meridian Passing Time
|Almanac for Atlanta Area, GA (ThreadEx)
March 18, 2017
|Daily Data||Observed||—-||Normal||Record Highest||Record Lowest|
|Max Temperature||72||65||84 in 2012||30 in 1892|
|Min Temperature||54||45||67 in 1908||20 in 1902|
|Avg Temperature||63.0||54.9||75.0 in 1908||26.5 in 1892|
|Precipitation||0.20||0.16||2.12 in 1884||0.00 in 2016|
|Snowfall||0.0||0.0||T in 2013||0.0 in 2017|
|Snow Depth||0||–||0 in 2017||0 in 2017|
|HDD (base 65)||2||11||38 in 1892||0 in 2016|
|CDD (base 65)||0||0||10 in 1908||0 in 2017|
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras, Samsung digital camera, Fuji S602 digital camera, Tasco infrared trail camera, iPhone 5S Camera/Video, numerous IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR. Nikon Coolpix L28 Full Spectrum digital camera, Bell & Howell IR Camcorder, JVC Everio Camcorder, T700 Full spectrum Camcorder, DDV-2200 full spectrum video camcorder, Insignia full spectrum HD camera/video recorder, MagiCam Mini Camcorder, FLIR Bcam w/SD, set of full spectrum POV glasses.
DVR: Black HD-SDI H.264
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, Mel-8704R-KII, Mel-8704-R, several K-II Meters.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder, 2- Sony digital recorders, Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder, RCA digital recorder Olympus VN-4100PC. Spion Parabolic Dish.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer. Mel-8704R-KII has ambient thermometer included.
Other: 2-P-SB7 frequency sweep radio( spirit box ), P-SB11 spirit box, Spirit voice receiver, Boo Buddy Bear, Laser Grid, Compaq Presario Laptop, Dell Laptop, Ovilus M, Altec speaker, 2- Rem Pods, various flashlights.
Condition of home:
House was built in 2015 and is in excellent condition. All utilities are in working order, structure is sound, doors and windows are in good condition no drafts and very little noise coming in from outside.
Start DVR 8:29 pm, Start Investigation 9:00 pm, End Investigation 12:00 am, Stopped DVR 12:16 am
Camera Set Up – 7:45-8:30 pm (Temperature and Meter Readings taken during Investigation)
After Equipment Set Up – Investigation Began
Investigation Began – 9:00 pm
Investigation – Team 1 – Ed & Brian
- 9:05 pm – Basement
- 0 Temp, 0.0 EMF
- 9:20 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box – 9:40 pm End EVP
- 9:50 pm – Master Bedroom
- 4 Temp, 0.0 EMF
- 9:50 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box & Flashlight – 10:10 pm End EVP
- 10:12 pm – Living Room, Kitchen & Family Room
- 0 Temp, 0.0 EMF (3.8 EMF Microwave)
- 10:25 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box & Flashlight – 10:55 pm End EVP
10:55 pm – Break
- 11:35 pm – Basement (2nd sweep)
- 11:42 pm Start EVP w/Spirit Box & Flashlight – 12:00 am End EVP
End Investigation: 12:00 am
GOGPI was called in to investigate the above claims of activity.
Once we arrived we did a walk through of the house to determine where to set up our stationary cameras. During the walk through the client’s dog followed us to every room. When we were leaving the basement we noticed the dog was not coming so we called to him but he didn’t come. When we found him he was in the back part of the basement staring at one of the corners, not sure if this is common behavior. We then got him to come with us.
We set up stationary cameras in the different areas of the house to cover as much area as we could. We then started our sweep of the house starting in the basement. As we investigated we took EMF and temperature reading in each room and continued monitoring them throughout the sweep. All readings were within normal limits.
We conducted EVP sessions in several rooms using the spirit box and appeared to be having a lot of communication through the box. Each session this would continue for a period of time then all of a sudden all communication would stop, we would then move on to another area of the house. During the EVP session in the basement Ed saw a shadow pass by Brian and Brian indicated that his shoulders and arms were getting cold at that moment. A couple seconds later the lights for temperature, barometric pressure, and humidity lit up on our EDI device indicating a change in all three in the area. After the lights went off all communication through the spirit box stopped.
We did record numerous EVP’s during the investigation but did not record anything on our video or in our pictures.
We feel there is activity there but isn’t threatening or there to cause harm. There was some indication that a spirit may have followed the client to the new house from the previous one. We cannot say the house is haunted without a follow up investigation to see if we can reproduce the results, personal experiences, and to gather more evidence of paranormal activity.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation
While doing an EVP session in the basement I saw a shadow pass behind Brian and it blocked out a couple windows as it passed by them, there was no shape to the shadow. After the shadow passed the temperature, pressure, and humidity lights went off on the EDI at the same time indicating a change in all three.
While sitting in the living room, the dog reacted oddly and was scared. He pushed up against me and wouldn’t move.
Cold shoulders/upper arms in 2 spots.
RESEARCH ON PROPERTY
|DETAILS & HISTORY OF PROPERTY|
|· Built in 2015. 5 beds 6 baths 4,718 sqft
· Two floors and an unfinished basement
· No deaths reported on property.
|HISTORY OF AREA|
|· 1500s-The Creek Nation inhabit the area south of the Chattahoochee while the Cherokees live north of the river. The Historic Sandy Springs exists in an area shared by both nations for hunting and fishing.
· 1821- The Treaty of Indian Spring is signed wherein Native Americans living in Georgia cede their land to the U.S. government. Ceded land is divided by land lottery of 202 ½ acres per parcel. Each parcel was $19. The land had not been cleared.
· 1830s-The Wagon Stop House, still located near the intersection of Glenridge Drive and Johnson Ferry Road, serves as a traveler’s rest stop and circuit courthouse.
· 1841-A wave of poor and middling families from Virginia to South Carolina began pouring into Georgia as the state began giving away land in lotteries. Winners received 202 acres of uncleared land. Others, that were not lottery winners were able to buy parcels of land from the winners at cheap prices and begin farming for themselves.
· 1842-The Austin-Johnson House is built. The oldest unaltered house in Sandy Springs, the home is still located on Johnson-Ferry Road near Abernathy Road. It is the oldest house in the area and sits 2.4 miles from address.
· 1861-1865- There were crossings of the Chattahoochee by Union troops near Sope Creek, and troop movement along present-day Mt. Vernon Highway, but no specific Civil War battles called out.
· During the first weeks of July, 1864, the fields and farms of the area became the location of the second largest city in the south. Only the city of New Orleans could boast a larger population. Under General Sherman’s command, it is estimated that between 60,000 and 80,000 men, their equipment, supplies and support flooded into a community of only around one thousand people remaining after most of the men had left to fight the war.
· After Sherman’s three armies were across the river, rested and re-supplied in the area, the majority of them marched onwards towards Atlanta and Decatur on the 17th and 18th of July, 1864. Many had been in the areas for over a week plundering food, water, and fuel supplies and destroying much that they could not cart off.
· There were many “unknown causes” deaths in the area. The exodus of the majority of the Federal Army brought no relief to those remaining in Sandy Springs. Hunger, death and desperation became part of every family’s legacy.
|· 2 miles away – January 17, 2017 – Police found a deceased female on the side of the building, next to a dumpster.
· 3 miles away – December 17, 2016 – William E. Haynes killed by multiple stab wounds.
· 1 mile away – November 25, 2016 – Double shooting killed Cierra Ford, 25, and seriously injured 21-year-old Tyrique Lobban
· The most frequent crimes in the past year, outside of deaths above, is in the following areas: 781 COUNTS OF THEFT,179 COUNTS OF BURGLARY, 109 COUNTS OF TRAFFIC, 85 COUNTS OF VANDALISM, 45 COUNTS OF PROPERTY CRIME
· Closest cemetery 4.7 miles
· 2 miles away – January 17, 1997 – The famous Abortion Clinic bombing took place in the area. The first bomb only caused minor injuries. However, the second bomb went off after rescue crews arrived and caused several more serious injuries.