Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On January, 21, 2017, GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at a private residence in Atlanta, GA. The activity reported at the home is as follows: Hearing unexplained footsteps, seeing shadow figures, doors opening, apparition sitting on the couch, boy apparition, and bed shaking.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Ed Laughlin, Melissa Foster, & Brian Daffern
Moonrise, moonset and phase calendar:
Jan 21, 2017
Almanac for Atlanta Area, GA (ThreadEx)
January 21, 2017
|Daily Data||Observed||—-||Normal||Record Highest||Record Lowest|
|Max Temperature||64||53||76 in 1927||18 in 1985|
|Min Temperature||56||34||60 in 1982||-8 in 1985|
|Avg Temperature||60.0||43.4||66.0 in 1933||5.0 in 1985|
|Precipitation||3.12||0.15||3.12 in 2017||0.00 in 2015|
|Snowfall||0.0||0.0||0.8 in 1983||0.0 in 2017|
|Snow Depth||0||–||2 in 1983||0 in 2017|
|HDD (base 65)||5||22||60 in 1985||0 in 1933|
|CDD (base 65)||0||0||1 in 1933||0 in 2017|
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras, Samsung digital camera, Fuji S602 digital camera, Tasco infrared trail camera, iPhone 5S Camera/Video, numerous IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR. Nikon Coolpix L28 Full Spectrum digital camera, Bell & Howell IR Camcorder, JVC Everio Camcorder, T700 Full spectrum Camcorder, DDV-2200 full spectrum video camcorder, Insignia full spectrum HD camera/video recorder, MagiCam Mini Camcorder, FLIR Bcam w/SD, set of full spectrum POV glasses.
DVR: Black HD-SDI H.264
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, Mel-8704R-KII, Mel-8704-R, several K-II Meters.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder, 2- Sony digital recorders, Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder, RCA digital recorder Olympus VN-4100PC. Spion Parabolic Dish.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer. Mel-8704R-KII has ambient thermometer included.
Other: 2-P-SB7 frequency sweep radio( spirit box ), P-SB11 spirit box, Spirit voice receiver, Boo Buddy Bear, Laser Grid, Compaq Presario Laptop, Dell Laptop, Ovilus M, Altec speaker, 2- Rem Pods, various flashlights.
Condition of the home:
House was built in 2005 and is in good condition. It is structurally sound, doors and windows are in good shape with little noise or drafts coming in from outside. All utilities are up to date and in good working order.
Start DVR 8:44 pm, Start Investigation 9:35 pm, End Investigation 12:17 am, Stopped DVR 12:19 am
Base Readings – 8:45 pm
Kitchen 74 Temp 0.0 EMF (0.4 meter)
Laundry/Hall 72 Temp 0.0 EMF
Living Room 72 Temp 0.0 EMF (0.6 couch, 0.3 electronics, 18.9 fish tank)
DN Hall 73 Temp 0.0 EMF
DN Bath 73 Temp 0.0 EMF
Salon 73 Temp 0.0 EMF (103.8 fish tank)
Foyer 73 Temp 0.0 EMF
Dining 73 Temp 0.0 EMF
Left Room 75 Temp 0.0 EMF
Hall Bath 76 Temp 0.0 EMF
Back Room 78 Temp 0.0 EMF (0.3 electronics)
Front Bedroom 75 Temp 0.0 EMF (4.8 fish tank)
Master Bedroom 79 Temp 0.0 EMF (54 fish tank)
Master Bath 76 Temp 0.0 EMF
After Base Readings and Equipment Set Up – Investigation Began
Investigation Began – 9:35 pm
Investigation – Team 1 – Brian & Melissa
- 9:35 pm – Attic (Full Sweep)
- 9:45 pm – Master Bedroom
- 9:48 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 10:13 pm End EVP
- 10:15 pm – Front Bedroom
- 10:16 pm – Start EVP – 10:21 pm End EVP
- 10:26 pm – Living Room
- 10:29 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 10:52 pm End EVP
Investigation – Team 2 – Ed & Brian
- 11:03 pm – Left Room
- 11:05 pm – Start EVP – 11:14 pm End EVP
- 11:20 pm – Master Bedroom
- 11:21 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box
- 11:38 pm – Master Bath EVP Continued – 11:47 pm End EVP
- 11:50 pm – Salon
- 11:51 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 12:05 am End EVP
Investigation – Team 3 – Brian & Melissa
- 12:07 am – Master Bedroom
- 12:08 – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 12:17 am End EVP
End Investigation: 12:17 am
GOGPI was called in to investigate the above claims of activity. We set up stationary cameras in the reported active areas of the house. We then started investigating the rooms in the house by taking EMF and temperature readings, all were within normal limits, and conducting EVP session throughout the house. We did not get anything in our pictures or video. We did record numerous EVP’s. The investigators had some personal experiences, see below.
With the claims of activity from the client, personal experiences by the investigator, the EVP’s that were recorded we feel like there is paranormal activity in the house. We feel that the activity is not harmful for the home or the client and family. We cannot say the house is haunted without a follow up investigation to see if we can reproduce the claims of activity, personal experiences, and to gather more evidence of paranormal activity.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation
While down stairs I heard what sounded like footsteps on the floor above. While investigating the upstairs to the left I heard a floor board creak, Brian heard it too and the client’s dog, who was lying on the bed raised his head and looked in the direction of the noise.
My personal experiences were coldness in my upper arms in Master Bedroom, Salon Room, and living room on 3 different times. And steps upstairs while with Ed.
My only personal experience was getting nauseous in the master bedroom when Brian and I started our evp session.
RESEARCH ON PROPERTY
|DETAILS & HISTORY OF PROPERTY|
|· Built in 2005, last sold 12/02/09
· Brick and Frame, no basement
· Central cooling, forced air heat.
· Floor size 2,756 sq. feet, 4 beds, 2.5 baths – 2 story
|HISTORY OF AREA|
|· Cherokee controlled the land, but did not occupy it anywhere near property,
· The area was deep wooded area not developed until 2002.
· After 19 historical maps including Military operations and lands owned by Cherokee, no battles, camps, or activity of any interest in this particular area.
· Closest reported history of the area is in College Park, 15 miles from location.
|· High risk for Tornados. Average of 2 a year and 131 since 1950.
· This neighborhood has more Jamaican ancestry people living in it than nearly any neighborhood in America
· April 12, 2009 (Easter) in a hit and run 5 miles from property a family of 5 were killed in a hit and run. On April 12th, the police surrounded a home on Ailey Avenue and arrested and charged Aimee Michael for the crime as well as her mother for concealing the crime. The house was on the same block as client, 3915 Ailey Ave.
· Zip code has highest crime rate in Georgia.
· No reported deaths on property or within a mile, however, on the crime index, you are 3 times more likely to be murdered than the national average in this zip code.
· Average of 20 murders a year in this zip code, but none tied to the sub division.
· 4 Registered Sex Offenders within .5 of a mile
· Each month at least 5 reports of either vandalism, theft, or assault within 1 mile.
|Saturday – 12/10 46 | 31 °F|