Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On October 7, 2017, GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at a private residence in Aragon, GA. The activity reported at the home is as follows:
Feelings of being watched while outside by something inside the home, dark shadows in the front room, uncommon cold spots in the home, objects move from where they are placed and found elsewhere, the front door opened without anyone touching it and they hear wood being chopped outside but no one is there chopping wood. The girlfriend of the client claims to have been pushed by someone that was not there next to the HVAC unit in the yard. The client states they have captured EVP’s in the home.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Chris & Christie Bradley, Ed Laughlin, Beth Peters & Brian Daffern
Moonrise, moonset and phase calendar:
|Meridian Passing Time
|Almanac for ROME, GA
October 7, 2017
|Daily Data||Observed||—-||Normal||Record Highest||Record Lowest|
|Max Temperature||83||76||95 in 1911||60 in 2001|
|Min Temperature||53||53||70 in 1955||34 in 1932|
|Avg Temperature||68.0||64.8||77.5 in 1959||49.0 in 1991|
|Precipitation||0.00||0.12||1.10 in 1959||0.00 in 2017|
|Snowfall||M||0.0||0.0 in 2016||0.0 in 2016|
|Snow Depth||M||–||0 in 2016||0 in 2016|
|HDD (base 65)||0||3||16 in 1991||0 in 2017|
|CDD (base 65)||3||3||13 in 1959||0 in 2014|
Standard Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras, Samsung digital camera, Fuji S602 digital camera, Tasco infrared trail camera, iPhone 5S Camera/Video, numerous IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR. Nikon Coolpix L28 Full Spectrum digital camera, Bell & Howell IR Camcorder, JVC Everio Camcorder, T700 Full spectrum Camcorder, DDV-2200 full spectrum video camcorder, Insignia full spectrum HD camera/video recorder, MagiCam Mini Camcorder, FLIR Bcam w/SD, set of full spectrum POV glasses.
DVR: Black HD-SDI H.264
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, Mel-8704R-KII, Mel-8704-R, several K-II Meters.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder, 2- Sony digital recorders, Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder, RCA digital recorder Olympus VN-4100PC. Spion Parabolic Dish.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer. Mel-8704R-KII has ambient thermometer included.
Other: 2-P-SB7 frequency sweep radio( spirit box ), P-SB11 spirit box, Spirit voice receiver, Boo Buddy Bear, Laser Grid, Compaq Presario Laptop, Dell Laptop, Ovilus M, Altec speaker, 2- Rem Pods, Mobile Kinect, various flashlights.
Condition of home: The home was built in 1900, Last remodel year: 1958 Lot size: 0.46 acres House, 912 sq. ft. Exterior material: Vinyl Exterior walls: Stucco Foundation: Roof type: Metal. There are no current utilities on in the home. The last resident who occupied the home was 9 years ago. Personal items were left in the home and on the land. The home appears to have severe water and structural damage. The land lot outside of the home is overgrown with trees and shrubbery. The owner of the home is currently trying to renovate the property and home.
Start Investigation 1:00 pm, End Investigation 5:00 pm
Base Readings – 1:30 pm
EMF readings and Temperature were within normal ranges.
Investigation – Team 1 – Ed, Chris & Brian
- 2:05 pm – Inside Home
EVP sessions with Meters, Cameras and Spirit Box – 3:00 pm End Sweep
Investigation – Team 2 – Christie & Beth
- 3:05 pm – Outside Home
Meters and Conversational EVPs
- 3:15 pm – Inside Home
EVP sessions with Meters, Flashlight and Spirit Box – 4:00 pm End Sweep
Investigation – Team 3 – Ed, Chris, Brian, Christie & Beth
- 4:15 pm – Inside Home
EVP sessions with Meters, Cameras, Flashlight, Light up Balls, & Spirit Box – 5:00 pm End Sweep and safely shut down all investigative communication
GOGPI was called in to investigate the above claims of activity. Base reading in the house were within normal limits, temperature normal for conditions, EMF were within normal reading for a house with no power.
We did not get anything in our pictures. We did record several EVP’s. Three investigators had some personal experiences, see below.
With the claims of activity from the client, personal experiences by the investigator, the EVP’s that were recorded we feel like there is some paranormal activity in the house. We feel that the activity is not harmful for the home or the client and family. We cannot say the house is haunted without a follow up investigation to see if we can reproduce the claims of activity, personal experiences, and to gather more evidence of paranormal activity.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation
I felt something lightly hit my right shoulder while in the front bedroom.
On the first sweep I heard a noise come from the back room and no one was in there
On the porch, I heard the name William. Half way into the window I felt a heaviness in the building and sadness. When standing near the washing machine, I felt the hair on my right arm stand up. Twice, I felt my shoulders get cold.
No Personal Experiences
When I walk into the house for the third sweep I felt something touch my elbow. Chris was the closest to me and he was at least two feet away. He checked and didn’t see and cobwebs or anything else on my elbow.
RESEARCH ON PROPERTY
|DETAILS & HISTORY OF PROPERTY|
|· Built in 1900, Last remodel year: 1958 Lot size: 0.46 acres House, 912 sq. ft.
· Exterior material: Vinyl Exterior walls: Stucco Foundation: Roof type: Metal
· Total of 4 rooms, 2 of which are bedrooms and 1 bathroom
|HISTORY OF AREA|
|· Creek Indians were early settlers of the area.
· The city was named for local deposits of the mineral aragonite. The city was home to Aragon mill, built in 1898.. In December 1899, Aragon established around the mill.
· After years of start and stop, in October 1990, Diamond Rug and Carpet, a Dalton Company, purchased the plant and operated it until 1994. The plant remained empty until 1998 when brothers Brian and Kirk Spears purchased the mill and used it in the production of pillows and wooden pallets until August 6, 2002, when fire completely decimated the complex.
· The area of Polk County was originally Creek Indian land. Shortly after the American Revolution the Cherokee began to live in the area, although the number of Native Americans that actually lived in the area appears to be small, possibly no more than 75 members.
· The settlement marked the furthest south a large settlement of Cherokee lived in modern Georgia. A major north-south trading path ran about 5 miles west of Aragon.
· White encroachment began about that time, by January, 1830, about 18 families lived near the center of town in homes vacated by Cherokee who had moved further west. During the Incident at Cedar Creek, Cherokee under Major Ridge requested that the settlers leave the homes and return to Georgia. Whites did not return to the town until 1832, when land in the area was parceled out as the larger 160 acre farm lots during the first Land Lottery of 1832.
· After the Battle for Atlanta, Union General James McPherson moved the Army of the Tennessee through the eastern part of the county, following Euharlee Creek. They made camp at Peak Springs near the town of Aragon. Turning east, they march through Van Wert and continued on towards Dallas. The only major Civil War action in the county was towards the end of Civil War when James Kirkpatrick’s cavalry burned the original county.
|· July 9th, 2017 An Aragon man has died after being struck by a car while cutting his grass along Highway 101 in Polk County on Saturday. This happened a couple thousand feet away from property according to report.
· About a 1/2 mile away, Rita Merritt, 27, was killed after husband shot her in the head with an assault rifle on Sept. 17, 2011. The 3-year-old daughter said, “My daddy killed her.”
· March 1 2008, 2.5 miles away Calvin Fredrick, Jr. was charged with the stabbing death of his wife, 22-year-old Jennifer Hand Fredrick.
· Died of natural causes, Glenda Zell Vaughn, 68, 172 White River Road, Aragon, June 2, 2016
· Lots of arrests in the area, the closest to the residents house was for armed robbery, 190 White River Road in May of this year.
· Unexplained grass fires on White River Road, multiple times, extinguished by Fire dept.
· A mile away, at Prospect Rd. when trains pass, there are reports of hearing babies crying.
· Within a mile, there have been reports of scratches and apparitions being seen. No address
· Cemetery is less than a half mile away
· About a mile away, On 10/23 1974, Seven children were killed and 73 other persons injured Wednesday when a train backed into a school bus crammed with screaming pupils who could see it coming but couldn’t escape. The bus, carrying children to three elementary schools in the area, began to cross the tracks when the driver thought the work train had stopped. People all over the area report seeing kids. There is a picture attached.
|Saturday 10/7 86 | 81 °F – Showers|