Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On October 22, 2017, GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at the Electric Cowboy in Kennesaw, GA. The activity reported at the venue is as follows: Feeling of being watch, bottles thrown off shelf, hearing glasses clanking, unexplained voices, footsteps, apparition of previous owner, smell cigar smoke.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Ed Laughlin, Brian Daffern, Chris & Christie Bradley
Moonrise, moonset and phase calendar:
|Meridian Passing Time
|Almanac for Kennesaw, GA
October 22, 2017
|Max Temperature||79||71||88 in 1941||50 in 1890|
|Min Temperature||57||52||66 in 1984||33 in 1976|
|Avg Temperature||68.0||61.5||76.0 in 1941||44.0 in 1898|
|Precipitation||T||0.10||3.21 in 1945||0.00 in 2016|
|Snowfall||0.0||0.0||0.0 in 2017||0.0 in 2017|
|Snow Depth||0||–||0 in 2017||0 in 2017|
|HDD (base 65)||0||5||21 in 1898||0 in 2017|
|CDD (base 65)||3||1||11 in 1941||0 in 2016|
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras, Samsung digital camera, Fuji S602 digital camera, Tasco infrared trail camera, iPhone 5S Camera/Video, numerous IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR. Nikon Coolpix L28 Full Spectrum digital camera, Bell & Howell IR Camcorder, JVC Everio Camcorder, T700 Full spectrum Camcorder, DDV-2200 full spectrum video camcorder, Insignia full spectrum HD camera/video recorder, MagiCam Mini Camcorder, FLIR Bcam w/SD, set of full spectrum POV glasses.
DVR: Black HD-SDI H.264
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, Mel-8704R-KII, Mel-8704-R, several K-II Meters.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder, 2- Sony digital recorders, Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder, RCA digital recorder Olympus VN-4100PC. Spion Parabolic Dish.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer. Mel-8704R-KII has ambient thermometer included.
Other: 2-P-SB7 frequency sweep radio( spirit box ), P-SB11 spirit box, Spirit voice receiver, Boo Buddy Bear, Laser Grid, Compaq Presario Laptop, Dell Laptop, Ovilus M, Altec speaker, 2- Rem Pods, Mobile Kinect, various flashlights.
Condition of the venue:
Unknown age of building, but started out as a grocery store, then a night club, and now the current night club. The building is structurally sound, hard to hear any noises coming through doors and windows, all utilities are up to date and in good working order.
Investigation 7:40 pm – End Investigation 9:55 pm
Investigation – Team 1 – Chris & Ed
- 7:45 pm – Upper Floor Area w/Spirit Box – 8:12 pm End Spirit Box Session
- 8:14 pm – EMF Sweep 0.0 – 11.6 EMF
- 8:20 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box – 8:33 pm End EVP
- 8:40 pm – Entertainment Office
8:48 pm – Start EVP – 9:00 pm End EVP
- 9:00 pm – Catwalk
- 9:18 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 9:38 pm End EVP
- 9:45 pm – Siberian Bar (Pool Tables) – 9:55 pm End Sweep
Investigation – Team 2 – Christie & Brian
- 7:40 pm – Catwalk w/Meters
- 7:50 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 8:10 pm End EVP
- 8:14 pm – Upper Bar 1 & Lower Bar
- 8:17 pm – Start Conversational EVP w/Flashlight – 8:25 pm End EVP (upper bar 1)
- 8:26 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box – 8:27 pm End EVP (upper bar 1)
- 8:44 pm – Start EVP w/Flashlight & Spirit Box – 8:53 pm End EVP (lower bar)
- 9:10 pm – Upstairs Office
- 9:12 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box – 9:19 pm End EVP
- 9:21 pm – VIP Lounge
- 9:30 pm – Start EVP w/Spirit Box – 9:42 pm End EVP
End Investigation: 9:55 pm
GOGPI was called in to investigate the above claims of activity. We set up stationary cameras in the reported active areas of the building. We then started investigating the areas of the club by taking EMF and temperature readings and conducting EVP session throughout the club. We did record extremely high EMF in a couple areas of the club which could be a possible cause of the feeling of being watched.
We did not get anything in our pictures or video. We did record numerous EVP’s. All investigator had some personal experiences, see below.
With the claims of activity from the client, personal experiences by the investigator, the EVP’s that were recorded we feel like there is paranormal activity in the club. We were unable to determine who may be there but feel there is more than one entity in the building. We feel that the activity is not harmful for those who work at the club or the patrons that go there. We cannot say the club is haunted without a follow up investigation to see if we can reproduce the claims of activity, personal experiences, and to gather more evidence of paranormal activity.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation
I witnessed the cell sensor going off several times on the cat walk.
I heard several load bangs while investigating with Brian on the cat walk.
I heard a knock while investigating with Brian in Bar 1 with Cameral.
I felt as though something rushed at me while I was behind the lower
bar that is below Bar1 with the camera.
I witnessed the REM pod light up while in the VIP room.
While standing on the second level above the bar area on the office
side I heard a glass clank from the bar up behind me.
While standing on the second level above a bar area on the office side
I heard a glass clank from the bar below me.
During set up and investigating I felt nauseous while in the cat walk
area and then felt fine after I left the area.
The women’s rest room on the catwalk felt very heavy with energy.
While investigating with Ed on the top floor by the office I heard what sounded like some one walking on the dance floor and also talking by the stage area.
While we was on the cat walk I heard what sounded like a whistle and also witnessed Ed’s new camera batteries die.
As we was finishing the last sweep I heard what sounded like the speaker system make a loud pop noise
- My shoulders got cold, while my exposed arms stayed warm on the catwalk, the women’s bathroom off of the catwalk, the VIP lounge, and in the bar area closest to the office.
- Heard footsteps in the Bar 1 area (aka Siberia)
- Saw the rimpod go off in the VIP lounge
- Had on and off sessions with cell sensor on catwalk. Even after resetting, moving, and replacing, it alarmed almost on command.
- MelMeter Mg would change from 0.0 up to 2.0 in conjunction with cold shoulders on catwalk as I asked for whoever was with us to come closer
- Speaker system made one loud squawk the entire night at an odd time.
- Heard glasses in bar nearest office clank, twice.
- There was a loud bang in women’s bathroom off catwalk
- Felt heavy and a sense of desperation throughout the building
- Camera battery, fully charged, died 1 minute into the investigation. Used new battery from Chris and went through the evening. After that battery died, came back to base, switched the battery and previously depleted one now had a full charge.
- Heard shuffling and movement on catwalk, behind all three bars.
- My recorder turned off by itself at one point and I had to turn it back on.
I heard footsteps coming from the stage area while Chris and I were on the upper floor near the offices.
I also heard the whistle’s while on the cat walk.
My camera batteries died while on the cat walk.
I heard the speaker make a loud pop noise, nothing was turn on to the speakers.
I heard a loud noise come from the stage area, sounded like something metallic that had hit the floor.